IGNORED

Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3 this year

The Mighty Ash

Yeah, I found out about 10 races later thinking, 'Why does my driver not look like the Stig!' Stupid way to set it up.

Yeah, will be on most of the night I think. Will add you and Dimahoo ;)

I don't normally play with people online so have no friends really as I used to do all that stuff on my 360.

So just run down what are the cars you lke to play with?

If you have your starter car, a Caterham and some others, don't hold back on playing online with us! There's 20 or so loaner cars as well so we can always mix and match.

Might be a good idea to compile a list of around 5 good, affordable multiplayer cars for some organized racing :)

I just haven't unlocked it yet - only played about 2 and a half hours (1 of which was messing about in time trial...)

I use a Fanatec CSR Dimahoo but i also have a G25 as back-up which is lucky because the CSR has started making (not) funny noises.

It's fun to use the H-pattern and clutch but i'm at least a second a lap slower with it. I usually try and match the gear set-up to whatever the real car uses, all very silly really. :)

Just about to attempt that final Goodwood hill climb, wish me luck! p.s This game is great.

I usually try and match the gear set-up to whatever the real car uses, all very silly really. :)

I do the same. If a car does have paddles in RL then its allowed to use it but I too find it 'faster' using the paddles but much more 'fun' on the shifter.

Just about to attempt that final Goodwood hill climb, wish me luck!

You will need it! :D haha

Heads up for UK folk. O2 customers who use the "priority moments" app can use it to get a PSN code for the "Adrenaline Pack" that drops the following 5 cars in your garage:

1. Toyota GT86
  2. Cizeta V16T
  3. Ford Focus ST
  4. Mercedes SLS GT3
  5. Shelby Cobra Daytona

the promotion says it's on till the 21st, but it does occasionally run out of codes.

Heads up for UK folk. O2 customers who use the "priority moments" app can use it to get a PSN code for the "Adrenaline Pack" that drops the following 5 cars in your garage:

1. Toyota GT86
  2. Cizeta V16T
  3. Ford Focus ST
  4. Mercedes SLS GT3
  5. Shelby Cobra Daytona

the promotion says it's on till the 21st, but it does occasionally run out of codes.

:o

Any chance of a Briton being able to acquire an additional code he can spare? I'll offer something in return!

OK just bought this. Only my second physical purchase for PS3 (not had one long) First one being GT5, which I didn't get on with because of all the menu mess and it not being as good as Forza 4/Horizon (imho). Hearing this is much cleaner so I'm hoping to be more impressed this time round so that this will fill the gap until I can get something to play Forza 5 on.

My ID is multiclunk

GT6 finds itself in an awkward middle ground, both of generation and genre. Polyphony has produced a handling and physics model that is unmatched by any other racer, but failed to provide AI competition capable of showcasing it to its fullest. Playing against friends reveals a peerless driving simulation, but you’ll need to work your way through the singleplayer in order to get the most out of the game online. The alternative is microtransactions – a galling thought after all the hours ploughed into the first five games. GT6 feels like an almighty tech demo for a game yet to emerge from its fastidious science, one we’ve been waiting to play since 1997. Perhaps GT7, apparently due next year (lol yeah right!) , will be that game. For now, we’re left with a driving sim that’s as close to real as any game has ever come.

7/10

http://www.edge-online.com/review/gran-turismo-6-review/

OK just bought this. Only my second physical purchase for PS3 (not had one long) First one being GT5, which I didn't get on with because of all the menu mess and it not being as good as Forza 4/Horizon (imho). Hearing this is much cleaner so I'm hoping to be more impressed this time round so that this will fill the gap until I can get something to play Forza 5 on.

My ID is multiclunk

Wayhay Clunk! Have you got your mic? I miss that high speed ambience.

In other news - did the GT86 one make earlier (and bought a . Another winner. A really nice car to learn with.

Thats a fair assessment although i still maintain that as most cars have a good driving model its worth the outlay for this alone really.

Theres still some circuit ribbons we've not even raced online (and we've not done Monza, Le Mans, Cape or Laguna Seca actually).

Oh and it has the 24h Ring as well as the normal tourist version. For all its AI faults - your going to have a lot of fun trying cars on this alone. And theres enough good ones.

I'll host tonight from about 2030 GMT.

i think i've added most if not all of you. Try and buy a Caterham at least and give it some nice wheels (theres no other way to tell the difference!).

I'm up for joining tonight. I'll add you Dimahoo and get myself a Caterham. I fully expect to be lapped by most of you, but won't be complaining!

Edit: no mic here either. Can't seem to add you on PSN Dimahoo. Can you send me an inv to Jim_835

i'm way off getting the licence that allows you online. probably not till the weekend at this rate. bought a caterham already though.

has anybody else seen theres a glitch to get 20 million credits already?

i dont think i can be bothered redownloading patches though.

great racing guys, i can't be bothered typing anything in the chat thing as it'd take me 8 years per sentence. apologies if i hit anyone. occasionally i think there was some network/collision detection problem as someone alongside me span out - it looked like we crashed but we were quite far apart as far as i could tell. and someone overtook me by driving straight through me, which was odd. and sorry for my odd braking points - i have no idea where to break.

edit - also the cash for racing online is rubbish.

This is the first driving game for years that I am actually really enjoying, yeah the AI is still shite but its just so much fun to play.

I really need to unlock the online as soon as possible to show you all how crap I am at trying to control my Caterham around all the corners at a decent speed.

My ID is multiclunk

Added!

I might be able to scare up an extra code using my wife's phone number. If I get one, I'll PM you.

That would be fantastic, cheers :)

I can't get enough of this game. I mean I almost equally love FM and GT, yet I play GT much more obsessively for some reason. Though I guess it's in part thanks to GT having far superior fantasy tracks (though I think Joe disagrees with me on that one).

Hopefully I can catch up with you guys over the weekend, as later in the evenings I have to take meds which give me motion sickness so I've not been able to join you yet. Go my Caterham bought though :)

I think the difficulty is all over the place though. Most regular races have been easy, and I've been using a lower powered car where I can. Yet some I'm finding tricky to gold, like Goodwood. The moon missions I thought would be hard, but I breezed them first time and they seemed a complete let down because of that.

Everyone who joined in last night - thanks for making it a pleasure! It's hard to call out names, as everyone is using real-life names instead of nicknames in-game. Makes it even more exciting, though: overtaking S. Harns and M. Milestone has something... special.

The GT86's on High Speed Ring. The Fits on Autumn Ring. The Scirocco's on Trial Mountain. The X-Bows on Laguna Seca. And the Caterhams on Brands and Suzuka :D Close, side-by-side racing all the time, with four people still in for the win in the last three corners.

post-10054-0-56734900-1386756636_thumb.j

Slapping on Medium Sports tyres on the Caterham is probably the best thing ever. Makes it more grippy for usual cornering, but just tricky enough on the limit.

Though as great as 'Cats' are, there are plenty of other great machines around. Call out some (affordable) ones we should all buy and slightly upgrade for more great club racing :)

post-10054-0-84685600-1386756628_thumb.j

I can't get enough of this game. I mean I almost equally love FM and GT, yet I play GT much more obsessively for some reason. Though I guess it's in part thanks to GT having far superior fantasy tracks (though I think Joe disagrees with me on that one).

I love the fantasy tracks in FM and GT in equal measures, really. Looking at the content GT6 has to offer compared to Forza 5, it's an easy pick this time around!

great racing guys, i can't be bothered typing anything in the chat thing as it'd take me 8 years per sentence. apologies if i hit anyone. occasionally i think there was some network/collision detection problem as someone alongside me span out - it looked like we crashed but we were quite far apart as far as i could tell. and someone overtook me by driving straight through me, which was odd. and sorry for my odd braking points - i have no idea where to break.

edit - also the cash for racing online is rubbish.

Same here. I had fun last night, and there was some good wheel-to-wheel but hell, I realise either I can't drive for toffee or the collision detection is way off. Even so, if I didn't get up everyone's noses too much, I'd be up for moar!

I hated that Sirocco race. Without ABS you'd hit the brake off the the humpback after the first tunnel hitting the right with a dab it slid out.

I seemed to powerslide it every lap. I think the tyres were very overworked, but i can see why you did that as the stock car is race tuned and quite balanced which doesn't always make for a fun run.

So guys, what's this like with the crappy DS3 pad? Still great?

Not being able to play this with a wheel, I reckon it isn't that bad. Far from the joy the 360 pad is to use for racing games, but somehow GT6 (and its superb physics) makes it work well enough.

In any case, I haven't had the feeling I can't keep up with the average wheel-using forumite, which wasn't always the case with Forza 3 and 4.

In case anyone wants to fill their garage, there's a cheat to get loads of money with the Mercedes you get gifted in the 1.01 update. What you do is

1. Obtain the Mercedes

2. Quit Game > Game Data Utility > Delete GT6 File for 1.01 patch.

3. Restart GT6, click cancel "O", when it asks you to update to 1.01.

4. Go into your garage, sell the car.

5. Quit game and exit to XMB.

6. Start game, download patch, and spend 20,000,000 credits on 20 Mercs.

7. Delete the GT6 1.01 patch

8. Start the game, without downloading the patch

9. Sell the merc and spend 20,000,000 on al the the cars you'd like. Then sell another merc to get 20,000,000. (You can do that 20 times!

10. Be sure to keep at least 1,000,000 credits. Then exit game

11. Start GT6 with updating the patch

12. Buy the merc.