IGNORED

Gran Turismo 6 coming to PS3 this year

The Mighty Ash

Fulfilling or not, I'm crap, although I enjoy them. Needless-to-say, I mostly go for arcade racers, not driving sims. High chase camera, frequently going off the road onto the grass or whatever is around the track. You might just as well tell Stoke City that they would find their Premiership matches more fulfilling if they played like the Evans-era Liverpool.

Anyway, thanks for answering - will probably pick this up once it drops in price.

Anyone tried the BMW Z8? Light as anything but switch off the ABS and its a real great car for the circuits.

Quite hard - it can't be pushed much at all (probably why it got some bad press for handling) so you have to be disciplined.

Kinda reminds me of the AC427 but much lighter. And slower. Oh and the front end is awful - the rear looks good though.

Fulfilling or not, I'm crap, although I enjoy them. Needless-to-say, I mostly go for arcade racers, not driving sims. High chase camera, frequently going off the road onto the grass or whatever is around the track. You might just as well tell Stoke City that they would find their Premiership matches more fulfilling if they played like the Evans-era Liverpool.

Anyway, thanks for answering - will probably pick this up once it drops in price.

The good thing about GT (for the not so good players) has always been, with past versions, the ability to race against cars which are vastly underpowered. Meaning you can garner some enjoyment, even if you are going off at corners and whatnot, because you can always catch back up! :)

got my copy today. just done the first bunch of races and license test.

loving it so far, even if its dead easy. have even seen the cpu trying to overtake each other a bit and messing it up, which is nice.

menus are all much more streamlined. the little touches like the flag waving and fireworks type things are all good too.

It would appear some are having NAT issues. Joe and Harns can join me okay but others can't. Shame that.

I'm not sure what to do about it but had some good events with Harns tonight.

The Huyura is sick. Never seen it so well recreated in any other game and the tunnel effects (on HS Ring) are great with it.

Think I have you all on my PSN now apart from Joe. Will add you later.

Caterham it is then as I have enough cash to buy one. Looking forward to playing online with you guys. Oh by the way, are any of you using headsets, as I'd need to dig mine out. Or are you all ok just getting online and racing. Did GT5 have a keypad chat thing you could use - same with this game?

Nah in-game text chat. Its a bit crap but at least we don't argue!

Had a lovely drive in the 427 over Willow. You get to do a nice race with the sun in your face on the "complex" downhill back section followed by Laguna Seca and lastly that new fast downhill section of Matterhorn (as seen in the early show demos). And that car....

Ah, I'm very glad I came into this thread. I haven't been on rllmuk for a while so I totally forgot there's a euro petrol head contingent ready and waiting here.

I'm finding the whole game to be a much improved version of GT5 in terms of usability, general slickness and handling. I've just progressed to a-class so my garage is a little light, but if there's some loan car online racing i'd happily bolster the numbers.

sent friend requests out to some people from the last page or so - hope that's ok, feel free to reject them :)

i hope to get online for some races at some point.

edit - oh yeah my psn thing is "spatular--"

Cheers, will look out for you invite.

Think I have you all on my PSN now apart from Joe. Will add you later.

Caterham it is then as I have enough cash to buy one. Looking forward to playing online with you guys. Oh by the way, are any of you using headsets, as I'd need to dig mine out. Or are you all ok just getting online and racing. Did GT5 have a keypad chat thing you could use - same with this game?

Cool, looking forward to racing you again!

I have two bluetooth headsets lying around in the mess as I'm still moving place. Not sure if anyone else has one but I'd be up for using it for Forza-style communication.

Ah, I'm very glad I came into this thread. I haven't been on rllmuk for a while so I totally forgot there's a euro petrol head contingent ready and waiting here. I'm finding the whole game to be a much improved version of GT5 in terms of usability, general slickness and handling. I've just progressed to a-class so my garage is a little light, but if there's some loan car online racing i'd happily bolster the numbers

Come along mate - more the merrier. :)

I have been hammering this all weekend and up to the 4th set of events. Have done all the Goodwood missions which I found really fun (apart from the very last one - fast and narrow don't mix well! :D)

Been playing with the normal DS3 pad even though I have a G25 upstairs, just cant be arsed to hook it all up and adapt my chaisr to suit.

What do you lot use?

Never played online with this but could be tempted but dont have a mic.

PSN: nagasakibomber

Harns and i use a wheel (Fanatec CSR for me and i think Harns has a CSR-Elite) w/shifters like many of the F1 and Forza guys and we turn off the aids for ourselves to run things pure (i don't mind anyone using them).

All the braking characteristics are mapped so if you need to brake deep driving the AC427 or some other American chunk - the game replicates that. Also as many of the older cars didn't have aids (or have sport modes which effectively do the same thing) - its more fun.

Joe uses a pad at the moment.

Harns and i use a wheel (Fanatec CSR for me and i think Harns has a CSR-Elite) w/shifters like many of the F1 and Forza guys and we turn off the aids for ourselves to run things pure (i don't mind anyone using them).

All the braking characteristics are mapped so if you need to brake deep driving the AC427 or some other American chunk - the game replicates that. Also as many of the older cars didn't have aids (or have sport modes which effectively do the same thing) - its more fun.

Joe uses a pad at the moment.

It's true :(

However, all assists switched off, save from ABS (on lvl 1). I can only imagine driving a Caterham with a Fanatec wheel and H-shifter must be amazing with these physics!

Nce, well, I have been using the pad but might dust of the G25 but its a bit of a mission to set up as I have to adapt and ikea chair...

I bought the Gran Turismo edition white Honda EK9 Civic Touring Car last night.

Took it for a 30 mile (all assists off) run around the Trial Mountain Circuit and what a car! Not the fastest but my god its on the edge all the time and revs and just sticks to the road. It's these times when I enjoy GT6 the most. Just me and the road, doing lap after lap of consistent driving, beating each lap by 'th of a second and trying new lines and approaches to corners.

Sure, there are faster cars that slide etc but I really like the slower cars as I feel that I can really push them into the bends and take them to the edge but in the other cars I feel like I am fighting the car or having to be cautious, which I don’t find as fun.

My favorite track by some (maybe because its been in all the GT games?) but I will be getting the wheel down tonight as I love shifting through the gears on the G25 (but don’t use the clutch as it always seems unrealistic to me as its on/off rather than a progressive thing like in a real car).

I just find it more trouble that its worth. The amount of times I have 'changed gear' to then be stuck in N is too frustrating for me to carry on using it.

I think the use of pedals for the acc/brake and the wheel are enough for me as I dont have the space to make the wheel a thing i can use all the time anyway and so its a much bigger improvement over the DS3. Cant use manual gears on the DS3 though, does not feel right but on the pedals, always! :D

Also, it seems we all like to make of GT driver look like the stig! :D

I;m not a huge fan of H-pattern shifters in games. if you fluff a shift in a real car, you can feel, and hear it. the stick kicks back and there's the griding sound. in sims, you just get neutral.there needs to be some sort of smart interlock that only allows the shifter into the gate when either the clutch is down and/or the revs are correctly matched.

still need to work through thr career before I can get in any online races. though...

Also, it seems we all like to make of GT driver look like the stig! :D

Cheapest helmet eh :) I bought a (way more expensive) different one the other day. Took me a while to figure you can only change your outfit and helmet in your 'garage'!

still need to work through thr career before I can get in any online races. though...

If you have your starter car, a Caterham and some others, don't hold back on playing online with us! There's 20 or so loaner cars as well so we can always mix and match.

Might be a good idea to compile a list of around 5 good, affordable multiplayer cars for some organized racing :)

So, if I dont have a mic can I still get in with some races with you guys later?

Sure! In fact, I might be the only one to actually have (and plan on using) a mic...