IGNORED

Guilty Gear Xrd - Revelator 2 announced

joffocakes

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

There's a few characters who haven't made it in yet but going by how they released the BlazBlue games I'd imagine a few extra characters will be added by the time a console version arrives. Hopefully as part of the package rather than paid (and likely on disc) DLC...

Better start saving up for the PS3. I hope it is one of those cases that the PS3 version is arcade perfect already and the PS4 version is an enhancement.

Man, there's no way in hell they'll get that level of visuals out of a PS3 at 60fps. No way in hell.

• 2 weeks later...

Some decent competitive GG Xrd videos here: http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/feb/22/fast-paced-passionate-guilty-gear-xrd-tournament-videos-featuring-nemo-kusoru-and-other-top-level-players-first-taste-high-level-gameplay/

I don't know why so many japanese fighting game videos are 360p on youtube.

Here's the first of the above videos embedded for those of you who don't click links:

• 3 months later...
Yeah, I wouldn't imagine they'd risk it running at less than a solid 60fps on either platform. Apart from an increase in resolution the main reason I'll be going for the PS4 version is how brilliant the Share button will be for fighting games.

I would rebuy Ultra Street Fighter IV on PS4 for the same reason*.

*I would rebuy it on PS4 even without the Share features.

I'd be surprised if it's 60fps, given it runs on UE3. MK9 managed it, but that wasn't remotely as ambitious as this, graphically.

It's that old chestnut. The PS3 is old enough now that we will probably see a few teams work a few miracles on the hardware and it make it do things people didn't know it could do.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a couple of wildly, wildly long videos. Direct feed with players who know what they're doing. Hopefully we'll soon see some 60fps youtube captures now that it's an option. These are 30fps.

I have no idea what's going on. It looks like the best thing ever.

Also, a new character has been confirmed, Sin Kiske, the son of Ky and Dizzy. He has to eat during the match to give him the strength to perform special moves.

H50RdXl.png?1