rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
strider

Suitable cabinets for boardgames

Hi guys,

I'm having an office/game room built and i will be moving all my board games into it. Does anyone have any recommendations for suitable storage that they use. I am not very hany so would e relying on somewhere like argos to sort me out. I currently have beech cabinets for my tv and retro games so want something similar.

Sorry, I don't have any truly helpful advice as my collection is split between being precariously stacked on the top shelf of a wardrobe, and stashed under a bed. That said, I thought more people should have this site brought to their attention, so they can fawn over it as much as I do. Definitely a money>sense solution: http://www.geekchichq.com/the-alexandria-codex.html

EDIT: Old thread, but a few more useful suggestions on BGG: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/720123/enclosed-cabinet-game-storage-recommendation

I've seen some good stackable cubes but they are wide enough for some of the bigger ames. Although i may just sell descent. Not played it since i bought it a year ago!

Hi guys,

I'm having an office/game room built and i will be moving all my board games into it. Does anyone have any recommendations for suitable storage that they use. I am not very hany so would e relying on somewhere like argos to sort me out. I currently have beech cabinets for my tv and retro games so want something similar.

Is that the foundations pictured in the latest RG?

You're going to need a considerably bigger shed...

Problem with games is definitely depth of boxes, especially older-style flat boxes - maybe look for living room storage, with cupboards at the bottom, shelving above.

Otherwise, get thee to an ikea, as has been suggested. Take your (empty) Descent box with you. They do some deeper shelves, like:

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/products/S29897998/

Which at 45 cms for the bottom unit should take most modern square boxes. I have a bunch of games to put somewhere, so let us know how you get on...

Thing is, you go to Homebase and they're charging something like 100 quid for a crappy equivalent of the Billy Bookcase that Ikea do for less than half that, and you know that the Ikea kit will be better made.

Thanks for the advice smac. Yes that is the foundations :)

I'm going to have a clear out and start getting rid of games as i have far too many that rarely get played. The shed will be finished later today so i will get some pics up then. I have a metal shelf at the moment, but it's a little ugly and doesnt match what i have in the rest of the room. I'm also looking at adding some shelfng into the roof hat will give me a bit more room.

Ah, an arcade shed. When I get my Tempest, Defender and Star Wars cabs, and a decent pinball table...

Do you get to claim them as expenses? For 'research purposes' :-)