Need for Speed: Rivals

McSpeed

Yep, bumper cam, especially on Codemasters games, is totally shit and unworkable, like your face is 2mm from the road surface. Or driving like Batman laying down.

The only game to get it right was Ridge, hence my question about this really, it looks great and could be the best thing to replace Ridge.

There's hope for 60fps and its not a official source but VVV have mentioned that "This is the PC version which is unrestricted on framerate so no doubt if you have a powerful rig you get 60 frames, on the consoles it's going to be running at 30 frames per second."

This is reviewing with 7's and 8's, which if you adhere to the rection to Killzone reviews are the new 3's and 4's out of 10. Otherwise, looking good. :)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/438573/need-for-speed-rivals-ps4-review-round-up/

Edit: The Escapist and Shack News (?) gave it 9's.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/need-for-speed-rivals

This is reviewing with 7's and 8's, which if you adhere to the rection to Killzone reviews are the new 3's and 4's out of 10. Otherwise, looking good. :)

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/438573/need-for-speed-rivals-ps4-review-round-up/

Edit: The Escapist and Shack News (?) gave it 9's.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/need-for-speed-rivals

It appears to be 9 metacritic points higher than killzone... Many more 8s than 5s and 6s.

It appears to be 9 metacritic points higher than killzone... Many more 8s than 5s and 6s.

Wot? The only 5 was from Polygon!

Edit: and the only 6's were from 'Gamesbeat' and the much esteemed Toronto Globe.

Wonder when Edge will stop posting old 3DO reviews and review the launch line-up? Or have they given up and become a retro mag?

I think I just decided I want PS4 NFS on launch.

See you online McSpeed?

Most definitely! I will be a bit late to the party (I'm moving place right after launch day and have to attend a GT6 launch event), but you can count on me from a week after launch. To give you all a bit of a head start :)

Ha, very different kind of driving game this though.

I'll be PS4. Although I might not be able to get the thing unpacked until the Sunday evening of launch weekend (will be away until then) :( Should have the Monday off though :)

Ah, Marmite. Wasn't Hot Pursuit the first online racing game where we played against each other?

Come on, arcade racers always chase cam, in car for sim.

I can only agree. Need for Speed, like OutRun, has always been a chase car affair for me. Works better for high-speed drift control.

Good Evening gentleman...I'M BBBBAAAAACCCKKKK

on ps4 though...

Look at that! All we need now is Karzee and the old band is back together :)

Good Evening gentleman...I'M BBBBAAAAACCCKKKK

on ps4 though...

Like you, Mykie, I believe that the majority of XBox 360 players here are switching to PS4, including McSpeed, so do join in.

Look at that! All we need now is Karzee and the old band is back together :)

Sorry, pal, but next gen will have to wait a while longer before I can jump on and join in. I'll be there for the next year's release of Need For Speed: Hot Wanted Rivals. Have fun!

Glad to hear it - looking forward to the 29th now since you pretty much described my feelings towards the series - loved paradise, loved HP, just never quite clicked with MW.

Are the roads more like HP or paradise? It was my only real issue with the open world nature - built up areas are never as much fun as wide open twisty roads.

So far it seems so the map is open as well once you get to a hub you can click the map and go anywhere on the map it seems. Terrain seems varied. Need time with it though. I love the dark souls analogy a lot of reviewers are comparing it to

Glad to hear it - looking forward to the 29th now since you pretty much described my feelings towards the series - loved paradise, loved HP, just never quite clicked with MW.

Are the roads more like HP or paradise? It was my only real issue with the open world nature - built up areas are never as much fun as wide open twisty roads.

Sorry, pal, but next gen will have to wait a while longer before I can jump on and join in. I'll be there for the next year's release of Need For Speed: Hot Wanted Rivals. Have fun!

Hey mate! Shame to hear that. I've been wondering how you're doing lately. Any chance we can catch up on Skype anytime soon? And will you be attending the Blur revival this week? :)

So far it seems so the map is open as well once you get to a hub you can click the map and go anywhere on the map it seems. Terrain seems varied. Need time with it though. I love the dark souls analogy a lot of reviewers are comparing it to

Dark Souls analogy?

Hey mate! Shame to hear that. I've been wondering how you're doing lately. Any chance we can catch up on Skype anytime soon? And will you be attending the Blur revival this week? :)

Dark Souls analogy?

So the word is constantly moving. Once you finish a race police come after you until you escape. you can start another race while they're after you are just roam around. The most havoc you cause the more your money multiplier goes up. If they catch you then you LOSE EVERYTHING!!!!! actually if you wreck. I have a 5x multiplier and the cops fahucked me. 130k down the drain.

You have to find your hideout and bank your money throughout your session

So the word is constantly moving. Once you finish a race police come after you until you escape. you can start another race while they're after you are just roam around. The most havoc you cause the more your money multiplier goes up. If they catch you then you LOSE EVERYTHING!!!!! actually if you wreck. I have a 5x multiplier and the cops fahucked me. 130k down the drain.

You have to find your hideout and bank your money throughout your session

That sounds excellent!

Looks like we'll have plenty of your times/scores to aim for by the tone we get our hands on it.

...and sorry you won't be joining us Karzee. I'll miss your avatar! :(

It's a sensation that was brilliantly felt in Criterion's Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit in 2010, but one lacking a little in its 2012 follow-up Most Wanted. Rivals feels like a continuation of those titles, which is no surprise - the bulk of the staff at new studio Ghost Games was transplanted from the Guildford studio earlier this year, and the weight of handling, feel of vehicle combat and technical achievements will be familiar to fans of the Burnout developer's brand of racing.

Sold.

PS4-owners with a need for speed should be in for a treat the upcoming months. Here's hoping the actual campaign is long enough to keep us occupied for 100+ hours.

If so, I can't see myself playing a lot of other games (despite picking up the Killzone bundle) :)