Need for Speed: Rivals

McSpeed

The EGM review points out that AllDrive knackers the game somewhat.

If AllDrive is indeed the future of the Need for Speed franchise, then Ghost will need to do some earnest thinking about how to solve some of the serious design challenges it presents. While this initial effort enables some wonderful emergent moments that greatly enhance the experience, it too often throws out the baby with the bathwater.

http://www.egmnow.com/articles/reviews/egm-review-need-for-speed-rivals/

Pre-order teetering.

Hmmm, now's not a good time for me to get a new console but I'd really like to play this game. I'm seriously tempted to get it on PC. Anyone else doing that or it is PS4 all the way?

Just so as you know it's been confirmed as 30fps locked on PC. Maybe someone will make an unlocker but that's its current status for now.

I was really hoping it was a lot cheaper on the pc than the £49.99 origin is charging. I know you can get the standard version for £39.99 but it's missing a bunch of stuff right? I assumed it would be around 30 quid really.

What I assume is the standard version has been 29.99 and 34.99 at Amazon.

I unfortunately arrived while it was 34.99 How much is it now?

Edit.. It's the limited edition with a cops pack DLC etc.. And yes still 34.99

Need for Speed has been a 30fps affair for many years. I don't really mind anyway. Though it will be interesting to see if they move to 60 when it's all next-gen (next year?) :)

Well Hot Pursuit, Most Wanted and The Run are all 60fps on the PC (The Run was locked but eventually patched).

"Come on, guys, you'll have to pay this eventually, if we have anything to do with it, so get used to it, take that first step towards the inevitable. The more of you that do it, the more people will accept it. Thanks for your continued consumption of EA content" -Origin.