IGNORED

Murdered: Soul Suspect

Nespresso

murdered_soul_suspect_1_raw.jpg

By Square-Enix

Murdered.com

Release date: June 6th 2014

ABOUT

Murdered: Soul Suspect is a dark detective thriller with a supernatural twist: the mystery you are solving is your own murder from the afterlife. Play as Ronan O’Connor, a Salem police detective with a checkered past, whose life is brought to an untimely end by a brutal killer. Trapped in a limbo world called Dusk, he is unable to find peace until he can bring his killer to justice.

Using his new-found supernatural abilities, Ronan is free to explore the town of Salem, Massachusetts, from his shadowy afterlife. Unable to communicate with the detectives on his case, Ronan must read the minds of the living, influencing their thoughts and actions. As part of his investigation, he must interrogate the ghosts of Salem’s past citizens to piece together the puzzle, while battling demonic spirits to save his soul and uncover the shocking truth about who is responsible for his death.

IMAGES

e5dc6c3a147901a4f88ee32d4dd0d9d5.jpg

Murdered__Soul_Suspect_13706398041678.jp

murdered_online_preview__3__1393429487.j

VIDEOS

That looks pretty cool (although that is obviously the point) it certainly could have some potential, although I'm automatically wary that it will basically be an FPS where you're a ghost rather than some clever Ghost Trick style dead-detective thing.

That looks pretty cool (although that is obviously the point) it certainly could have some potential, although I'm automatically wary that it will basically be an FPS where you're a ghost rather than some clever Ghost Trick style dead-detective thing.

Ha, I read the blurb in the OP and excitedly thought "Ghost Trick!", but then watched the video and wasn't so sure. I guess we'll have to wait until some gameplay footage emerges...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That IGN demo walkthrough thing does make it look very intriguing. I hope it's not too linear and has a certain amount of the Westwood Blade Runner game as well as the thankfully mentioned Ghost Trick. Would be good if you could not completely solve things along the way rather than just trial and error-ing your way through and it also then having some consequence, unlike in L.A. Noire, which aside from your rating totally missed the opportunity for more noticeable results if you got a case wrong (along with quite a few other cock-ups).

Seems to be down for a 2014 release as far as I can see though, which is a bit of a shame as if it isn't on next gen as well (which it doesn't seem to be) it will really slip into obscurity.

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Released soon, looks interestingly different.

Will wait for reviews.

I'm not sure what I will do at the moment.

In one hand, this game has had little exposure. I didn't even notice it was being released so soon and the last couple of games I bought recently on release with little not much information available weren't worth the full price, although the games were not necessarily bad.

In the other hand, I haven't got many games for my PS4 so I would like to add to that. I only have physical copies of Infamous and FIFA and a few digital games - mainly PS Plus. Plus, this game seems like a modern-looking adventure game, which I have being played quite a lot of lately.

I'm not sure what I will do at the moment.

In one hand, this game has had little exposure. I didn't even notice it was being released so soon and the last couple of games I bought recently on release with little not much information available weren't worth the full price, although the games were not necessarily bad.

In the other hand, I haven't got many games for my PS4 so I would like to add to that. I only have physical copies of Infamous and FIFA and a few digital games - mainly PS Plus. Plus, this game seems like a modern-looking adventure game, which I have being played quite a lot of lately.

Watch_Dogs released today you could take a look at that? Anyhow before purchasing any games it's always best to wait for reviews unless you know you are really going to enjoy it regardless like Mario Kart 8.

With Murdered I will be waiting for the reviews & reading this thread.

Only £14.69 over at CDkeys. Dirt cheap! And you get 5% by liking their FB page (£13.96).

Now all I need is for it to be raining the week this comes out, stock up on some quality tea and snacks and I'm pretty much sorted!

Unless, of course, reviews are uniformly negative. I hope they start appearing early next week. Fingers crossed.

The price points should make this tempting but they're making me fear the worst.

Meh, pricing doesn't mean anything these days. A full priced game might have the biggest budget behind it and still be entirely average. I bought Van Helsing for like €8 and have played that for about 32 hours now. Whereas I put down €70 for BF4 and I hardly ever play that. Such a mess of a game.

Meh, pricing doesn't mean anything these days. A full priced game might have the biggest budget behind it and still be entirely average. I bought Van Helsing for like €8 and have played that for about 32 hours now. Whereas I put down €70 for BF4 and I hardly ever play that. Such a mess of a game.

Well that's hardly a good example, because Van Helsing wasn't a game that was priced at about 50% of the RRP before release (VH is a nice little game though - have you got the sequel?)

This is Square Enix though and they are rubbish at promoting, well, anything that isn't Tomb Raider or Final Fantasy so it seems it is being sent out to die. Looks interesting though, I'm mighty tempted at that price.