IGNORED

The Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

Goose

I wonder if the inclusion of her and her brother is more to do with willy-waving at Fox.

Whedon says no, that he just always loved the characters and wanted to use them but considering that Marvel had literally hundreds of other characters to use without encroaching on Fox's "mutant" domain it's hard to see it as anything else.

Marvel aren't allowed to make a reference to Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch being mutants though but I imagine the film will make it clear that's exactly what they are without using the word. It's just another small step for Feige's ultimate plan of bringing all the Marvel characters under Disney, or at least, on screen together through some kind of deal.

James Spader has been cast as Ultron, laying yesterday's rumours of Paul Bettany's JARVIS switching to bad guy duties to rest.

Is that confirmed. The could just change his voice when he gets "upgraded" or some other guff.

I wonder how they're going to show Scarlet Witches and Quicksilver's powers in this one. For some reason Quicksilver running super fast feels a little goofy/out of place in the avengers universe.

Blimey, I forgot he was still alive.

He's not that old! My enduring image of him is his role in Pretty in Pink; the idea of him not portraying an American high school senior causes me considerable consternation.

He's not that old! My enduring image of him is his role in Pretty in Pink; the idea of him not portraying an American high school senior causes me considerable consternation.

He's now old enough to be legitimately part of a Yewtree investigation. Anyway, Spader's great casting - lispy and vicious.

He can and almost solely does play creepy so I think they left it there when they were thinking of who could do it. Glad the Paul Bettany thing was not the way they were going although I have a funny feeling it will still play in a bit.

Now lets see how many people on twitter and that think it is David Spade doing it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Quicksilver now cast, and Scarlet Witch confirmed -

http://screencrush.com/the-avengers-2-aaron-johnson-quicksilver-official/

Just the other day, we learned that ‘The Avengers 2‘ was officially adding Elizabeth Olsen to the cast as Scarlet Witch. Now what about her brother? Well, after months of teasing his involvement, it looks like Olsen’s ‘Godzilla‘ co-star, Aaron Johnson, is officially on board as well, playing her on-screen sibling Quicksilver.

With Samuel L. Jackson revealing Olsen’s casting, followed by a confirmation of her contract deal, Latino Review reports that Johnson is also officially locked down in his role. It was certainly expected. A few months back, the ‘Kick-Ass’ star emerged as Marvel’s frontrunner to play the role, and was then speaking of the character as if he already landed the job.

• 2 months later...

Today's "Didn't see that coming!" news!

Robert Downey Jnr wants Mel Gibson and Jodie Foster to join the Marvel Universe, preferably with roles in one of the Avengers sequels.

It's also not linked to in that story but I've read elsewhere this morning that this started when Downey tried to get Shane Black to cast Gibson as the U.S President in 'Iron Man 3', a role that eventually went to William Sadler.

Gibson for Frank Castle! Foster for ...um...