IGNORED

Games on Gold

Stanley

• 2 weeks later...

IDARB for Xbox One next month, whatever that is.

Brothers and Sniper Elite V2 for Xbox 360. Brothers is fucking BRILLIANT, just to remind you, but I'm sure everyone's played it by now since it's been cheap on Steam and Xbox 360 and free on PlayStation Plus.

Well I downloaded Brothers on PS3 when freeon PSPlus and didnt play it so I may as download it free on Xbox 360 and not play it.

I mean I will play it obviously at some point , its on my pile of shame twice now.. and with a steam sale it could be on three times!

Well I downloaded Brothers on PS3 when freeon PSPlus and didnt play it so I may as download it free on Xbox 360 and not play it.

I mean I will play it obviously at some point , its on my pile of shame twice now.. and with a steam sale it could be on three times!

Please play it. It's only a few magnificent hours long so you could get it off the pile of shame pretty easily!

Please play it. It's only a few magnificent hours long so you could get it off the pile of shame pretty easily!

I know and these shorter games do appeal due to lack of time ... currently going thru Alien Isolation and to me thats a big commitment ... nearly 2/3rds of way thru as well!!!

I will do brothers next

I know and these shorter games do appeal due to lack of time ... currently going thru Alien Isolation and to me thats a big commitment ... nearly 2/3rds of way thru as well!!!

I will do brothers next

You won't regret it :)

#IDARB (I Drew A Red Box)

All you need to know is here: http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/quick-look-ex-idarb/2300-8688/

That looked okay until they actually started playing it :lol:

Brothers is definitely one to get and play immediately. You can finish it in an afternoon, and it's excellent. It makes most other attempts at dramatic narrative in games look stupid.

I love reading the frothing rage on other forums about these indie games as the Xbox One freebies. "this looks shit its like NES game I didn't buy a nextgen console to play 1980s games" and suchlike.

I might be alone in this, but I'm not massively arsed about the free games. If it was a constant stream of amazing games, I'd just end up with a massive backlog and probably never play any of them. But if it was just a load of old crap that they couldn't sell anyway, then I don't think I'd even bother downloading anything.

If there's any game I really want to play I'll buy it. I think there's something psychological in paying for something which really makes me want to get my money's worth, so I'd be inclined to put a lot more time into it, whereas if it's free I find it far more disposable.

I think the only game I've really spent any time with from it has been Dark Souls. Everything else hasn't either grabbed my attention or I just haven't been interested.

That's probably down to a few things though, mainly not having much gaming time these days, so I tend to stick to a smaller selection of games to play anyway. So yeah, I'm probably not the best test case for this, but there you go. I'm sure that a lot of people get far more out of it than me.

I might be alone in this, but I'm not massively arsed about the free games. If it was a constant stream of amazing games, I'd just end up with a massive backlog and probably never play any of them. But if it was just a load of old crap that they couldn't sell anyway, then I don't think I'd even bother downloading anything.

If there's any game I really want to play I'll buy it. I think there's something psychological in paying for something which really makes me want to get my money's worth, so I'd be inclined to put a lot more time into it, whereas if it's free I find it far more disposable.

I think the only game I've really spent any time with from it has been Dark Souls. Everything else hasn't either grabbed my attention or I just haven't been interested.

That's probably down to a few things though, mainly not having much gaming time these days, so I tend to stick to a smaller selection of games to play anyway. So yeah, I'm probably not the best test case for this, but there you go. I'm sure that a lot of people get far more out of it than me.

I hear what you are saying. I'm more inclined to play my paid for titles especially since I don't have much time either (half my time is put up with bringing up a puppy - who said kids were most difficult!), but certainly on the Vita, I only own 2 boxed titles which came with the bundle, the rest has been PS+ content, so it is quite important that I have a good amount of titles to play. That said I end up on Everybodys Golf half the time anyway. Best freebie ever that was.

I've not touched D4 yet nor most of the others since I resubbed to Live, but then Xbox One was meant to be my secondary console now for Halo and Forza.

I hear what you are saying. I'm more inclined to play my paid for titles especially since I don't have much time either (half my time is put up with bringing up a puppy - who said kids were most difficult!), but certainly on the Vita, I only own 2 boxed titles which came with the bundle, the rest has been PS+ content, so it is quite important that I have a good amount of titles to play. That said I end up on Everybodys Golf half the time anyway. Best freebie ever that was.

I've not touched D4 yet nor most of the others since I resubbed to Live, but then Xbox One was meant to be my secondary console now for Halo and Forza.

tumblr_ncy0lfdpuQ1sutdsuo1_500.gif

Why not? Genuine question. I've done a quick search and found a quote from the game's designer saying "people kept telling me to make it a co-op game but I would rather cut off my own hands than do that."

I've only played the first bit (got to the doctor's house, did the tiniest bit of wandering around after that) and it seems like exactly the kind of thing that my partner and I could play together. Apart from it not being 'how it was designed to be played' or whatever, what would actually be the problem with that? (Unless you can't say for plot reasons, or something, but I can't entirely see how that would pose an issue.)

I didn't think Brothers was the most amazing thing I ever played but I think it'd be a diminished experience as a multiplayer game. Because of it's story, I think it's the kind of game that the first time is the only time it'll be truly potent, you couldn't play it multiplayer and then see if it works better a second time through on a solo playthrough.

Imo.