rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hub2

Mario Kart 8

starting to get a bit narked with the bugs and balance now . glitched through the floor on bowsers castle with the giant statue , and the jump on toads harbour drops me in the water if I'm on 10 coins. but iv also played no item races and they're boring.

So unfair!

Are they just online glitches though? Probably expected more nay?

Who's jimmydmook? I'm going to have nightmares about that mii :/

rllmuk tourney is great (if way above my skill level), but I regularly seem to end up in a lobby on my own, even when others are on. Any way to fix this?

Come back out and join one of the others from the friends list?

Heard about that Bowser Castle glitch, but it's thankfully very rare. Not happened to me yet.

Don't trick on the Toad Harbour jumps and you won't end up in the water. Unless Donut and his massive Mii knocks you in. Actually, you don't ever want to trick on a jump with a red boost because the trick cancels out the super boost and you end up with an overall less powerful boost than if you just go over the red boost without tricking.

Ace games tonight. Completely missing Donut with a banana skin on Mount Wario only to see it bounce off a fence and land right in front of him was my highlight.

Just watching Fargo now, but might be on again later.

Getting a few 2nds now, getting better! I'm Andrew btw. Aaaaand last, just to even things about a bit.

• Upvote 2

Fantastic! I had the major fear at that point.

Out of interest, has anyone collected over 10,000 coins yet?

Yes! You get to unlock a golden item...

Donut, I swear you are the devil himself - even if I'm lucky enough to somehow get half a lap ahead you zoom past at the last second. Here's one of my few victories, thanks to panicked use of the horn - and check out the incredibly jammy green shell shot...

• Upvote 1

I wholeheartedly concur with Jes's assertion regarding Donut's satanic origins. So many final lap losses after a red shell barrage!

As always though, "That was fun!"

• Upvote 1

You guys must all be amazing. Tonight I got all golds in 1player, 3 starred first cup in mirror mode and won most races online...

But when I play youse. I get my arse felt

You guys must all be amazing. Tonight I got all golds in 1player, 3 starred first cup in mirror mode and won most races online...

But when I play youse. I get my arse felt

Maybe this is distracting you....

• Upvote 2

Tried out some different wheels last night and had better luck! It's a shame the room seems a bit empty nowadays :-(

there is a bit on cheep cheep beach that buggers me up everytime- the little strip of land between the plam trees, I don't have any strategy for that except to toodle along it cautiously and lose a lot of time OR if I have mushrooms blast along under water

I should really do the single player 150cc and some time trials etc but it's too much fun to pile into online instead

Had some brutal games last night eh chaps? Particular highlight was spamming some poor guy on Rainbow road with red shells just before the finish line :)

there is a bit on cheep cheep beach that buggers me up everytime- the little strip of land between the plam trees, I don't have any strategy for that except to toodle along it cautiously and lose a lot of time OR if I have mushrooms blast along under water

Try cutting out that strip and taking the more direct route underwater, even if you don't have a mushroom. I don't think you lose much time going that way. It might even be quicker if you have a combination with higher water speed. I usually go that way.

Had some brutal games last night eh chaps? Particular highlight was spamming some poor guy on Rainbow road with red shells just before the finish line :)

Yeah, thanks for that.

• Upvote 1

By God I've lost it tonight. Be back on later, hopefully refreshed - time to change up characters and karts, I reckon.