rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hub2

Mario Kart 8

Time Trialing is always my favourite part of Mario Kart games. The online races are great fun too, of course. Donut and Mr Pranny are terrifyingly good.

I want Donut to get back into the time trials though so I can obsess over some track for hours every time he beats me by another tenth of a second.

I tried to join you lot last night but it just kept saying that I couldn't - not an error or anything, just that I 'couldn't join at this time'.

Do I need to enter the tournament code first or anything? What is the code that most people are using?

I don't know why I'm in such a hurry to get schooled, but it just feels like a rite of passage or something :lol:

Great games last night but seriously lolololololol at how good everyone is. Regional is a total walk in the park compared to our tourney and fatsam is clearly ridiculous at this game. My comedy 21 points against everyone else's hundreds looked amusing on the leaderboards, I thank Chris for joining at 0 yesterday as well which made me feel slightly less of a super n00b.

I didn't even realise there was that short cut on the top part of the downhill ski jobby one :facepalm:

I tried to join you lot last night but it just kept saying that I couldn't - not an error or anything, just that I 'couldn't join at this time'.

Do I need to enter the tournament code first or anything? What is the code that most people are using?

I don't know why I'm in such a hurry to get schooled, but it just feels like a rite of passage or something :lol:

You go to the tournaments and enter the code which is listed in the Online folder.

I had a bizarre lag incident on regional last night. I crossed the line in 1st by a good margin, which the replay shows, but I came 3rd :/

Time trialling this is spectacularly addictive... Must've spent about 2 hours last night chasing a friends ghost around GBA Mario Circuit

Is that my time of 1.36.426? I don't even know how I did that, I wasn't really trying and now I can't get close to it again...

Not really sure whether to post this here or in the online thread.

First of all, I'd like to apologise for my lack of contribution so far, I've mostly played with the people from grcade but I'm looking to get stuck in this weekend.

Also, I wondered if anyone had floated the idea of a cross-forum team tournament yet? I know rllmuk and grcade used to play Clubs on Fifa against each other which was great fun, and both have a good sized group of Kart regulars, so it could be exciting.

• Upvote 2

I'm getting annihilated by Harns 1 on 1 here. Pulling out three red shells in first place is a touch on the lucky side though!

Still, credit where credit is due. Well raced!

• Upvote 1

Yeah, not much you could have done against 3 reds but you came back nicely afterwards.

One on one races can be a lot of fun, cheers for that.

Not really sure whether to post this here or in the online thread.

First of all, I'd like to apologise for my lack of contribution so far, I've mostly played with the people from grcade but I'm looking to get stuck in this weekend.

Also, I wondered if anyone had floated the idea of a cross-forum team tournament yet? I know rllmuk and grcade used to play Clubs on Fifa against each other which was great fun, and both have a good sized group of Kart regulars, so it could be exciting.

let's do this!

my top 6 (presuming 6v6 versus) would be fatsam, donut, mrpranny, dismembo, Steve and myself, but I'm probably missing out some people

• Downvote 1

my top 6 (presuming 6v6 versus) would be fatsam, donut, mrpranny, dismembo, Steve and myself, but I'm probably missing out some people

:( and I tried so hard.

*sniff* it's just like being in the school playground again.

;)

I did say id forgot people. To be honest its a lottery anyway between anyone good, the weapons decide it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

nobody was around in the tourney yesterday arvo so took to playing in random lobbies, its a different game, I lucked out into a lobby of people hovering around the 1000exp mark and took advantage going on a few nice win streaks

its great for restoring confidence if the savagery of the forum tourney is getting you down !

Last shift today so will be able to get on in the next few days. The rllmuk tourney is so much more intense than playing global and because of this, everyone has improved so much. Angel is right, there are a lot of good players and generally it's the luck of the items, sometimes it can be brutal but everyone will experience the best and worst which is why it's such a good game.

If someone good can get a lead from 2nd place and do enough trick jumps + shortcuts, thats it he's won. Thankfully the actual racing itself is fun, but im not sure if doing every little shortcut and jump matters too much any more. 2nd to last will all fight each other and let you get away, basically this behind you:

FightCloud_000.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There's a thread on GAF about the little visual touches in this...they really didn't leave anything out:ibtPMQCjIxbawW.gifipnCfS5wCZn6H.gif

Just noticed this morning that on the snow tracks, your tires turn white as they pick up snow.

• Upvote 1

Anyone on for a few afternoon games now?

I like the head to head results that are shown when you choose a rival from the Friends/Rivals list. It's only really Fatsam and Steve who I don't have a better head to head score with. Gives you a good understanding of who the better players are beyond the numerical "whoever has clocked up enough races at peak times" tournament score.

• Upvote 2

I dont really trust that head to head as it counts early practise, vehicle experimentation, and of course game randomness, although I do agree it shows good people. Really youre ahead on mine though? This must be addressed :)