Mario Kart 8

hub2

did a bit of 150cc local earlier and the AI really is pretty crude - I'd say its the only bit of the game that grates on me, it just decides you will lose and not much you can do about it.

I know its Nintendo but they'd be nuts to not do some DLC tracks on this wouldn't they, its like leaving money on the ground ?

I got this yesterday for my birthday.

Wow. The graphical difference between this and Mario Kart Wii is unbelievable. The tracks are stunning.

Makes me want to play those worlds but in a Super Mario game.

The style between this and Super Mario 3D world seems a lot. This feels a lot more "realistic"... Just me?

Does anyone else think that the Mount Wario level is spookily similar to 1080 Avalanche? The bit with the logs and a few other sections I could swear are exactly the same as 1080 Avalanche.

Made me think they should use the engine for a new 1080...

Using the Gamepad motion controls when playing off screen is a lot tougher than using the Wiimote and wheel on the big screen. It's the screen physically tilting that's weirding me out.

I'm not going to get my golden wheel if I can't play fifty motion controlled games consecutively.

:-(

So I just got this. I'm pretty sure this is the 4th Nintendo console in a row I have bought purely for Mario Kart,. Played through all of the tracks on 150cc and got some 1sts but boy am I rusty.

Do people still play a lot in the evenings? My NNID is karlmarxbeard if anyone fancies beating me in a race sometime.

Good games last night guys - Fatsam seems to have hit a consistent first-place groove!

Fun one-on-ones at the end there Dismembo - you kicked my ass but I did manage to steal this victory by a literal nose...

(Side note: I am knackered. Must not stay up so late playing Mario Kart!)

That scooter handles like shit, he does well to use it. I have mine pretty much down to either heavy or cruiser, lightweights have no benefits whatsoever if you can drive. You just need a speed of 5 if you can and acceleration of 3 or 4. But im talking bikes, I dont like any of the karts, they swing too wide on corners.

It's strange, on MK Wii I loved the inward drifting bikes like the Mach Bike, but I just can't get a feel for them this time. I much prefer starting a turn early and flinging around the corner at just the right angle with the more drifty karts and bikes.

That scooter handles like shit, he does well to use it. I have mine pretty much down to either heavy or cruiser, lightweights have no benefits whatsoever if you can drive. You just need a speed of 5 if you can and acceleration of 3 or 4. But im talking bikes, I dont like any of the karts, they swing too wide on corners.

Mr Scooty, slicks and a cruiser/metal has 3 acceleration. My experience is that you end up sacrificing too much in other areas going any higher. Although I think Steve has 4 acceleration with those roller wheels and he's obviously excellent. I've got 4 speed, which is comfortably enough as long as I gather those coins. Weight is 4 too, which means I might get a bit bumped by the mega heavies, but very rarely get knocked off the track. And not pushing all those stats too far means I have pretty decent handling. The most undervalued area in Mario Kart 8 combo making. Everything becomes easier with alright handling.

Inward drifting feels weird and wrong to me. I don't want to be sucked into a corner thanks. Takes the fun out of drifting. Imagine Outrun 2 if the cars drifted like that. It would be well shit.

Good games last night guys - Fatsam seems to have hit a consistent first-place groove!

Fun one-on-ones at the end there Dismembo - you kicked my ass but I did manage to steal this victory by a literal nose...

(Side note: I am knackered. Must not stay up so late playing Mario Kart!)

That was an extremely close finish! I lead all the way to the finish line and then Thwok! Struck down by Boomerang Bickham.

Here's a different perspective on that same race. You can see how close it really was...

Good game!

I got my internet back but it is so flakey, like it's disconnecting every 5-10 mins <_< Better give talktalk ANOTHER call. Man, i've never had so many issues with the internet at least broadband was 100% in the two years with talktalk that i had it. Sure fibre is great but not when it keeps cutting out all the bleeding time.

Mr Scooty, slicks and a cruiser/metal has 3 acceleration. My experience is that you end up sacrificing too much in other areas going any higher. Although I think Steve has 4 acceleration with those roller wheels and he's obviously excellent. I've got 4 speed, which is comfortably enough as long as I gather those coins. Weight is 4 too, which means I might get a bit bumped by the mega heavies, but very rarely get knocked off the track. And not pushing all those stats too far means I have pretty decent handling. The most undervalued area in Mario Kart 8 combo making. Everything becomes easier with alright handling.

Inward drifting feels weird and wrong to me. I don't want to be sucked into a corner thanks. Takes the fun out of drifting. Imagine Outrun 2 if the cars drifted like that. It would be well shit.

Yeah im on 3 accelleration but ive been trying the roller wheels to bump it up to 4, can be useful when getting battered in the muk room. Love the inward drift though, its a shame so many of the cosmetically nice items are actually useless to use.