Mario Kart 8

It's a track that takes a bit longer to work out than others, but it is excellent. Love the variety of surfaces you race on with the tight road section, the two long smooth sand drifting bits and the antigravity clinky clinky bones. The sand sea theme with those ships and the lighthouse is one of the strongest in the game.

Agreed, Fatsam - the thing that irks me (and this is my own fault!) is that I find it really hard to navigate that sandy bend in the cave, right after the jump, successfully. I always hit the sandy border and slow right down.

I've found the platform above to be a much slower route, even if you don't hit the side. You can push two orange boosts out of long drifts on the sand below. But you can benefit from going the top way if you manage to get a useful item from the extra boxes up there.

Agreed, Fatsam - the thing that irks me (and this is my own fault!) is that I find it really hard to navigate that sandy bend in the cave, right after the jump, successfully. I always hit the sandy border and slow right down.

I used to glide into that cave too far and struggle to stay on the track. Try and touch your glider down as soon as possible and then swiftly get into a drift.

Harns/dismembo/pow - some fantastic games tonight, how close were some of those? I lost count of the number of times I went from 1st to 4th on the last lap thanks to red/blue shell fusillades. You magnificent bastards;)

Some truly excellent races tonight with Fatsam, DismembO, bignige, DS and Angel. Real duels with no standout leader (though Fatsam had his fair bit of domination as usual). Always a pleasure gents. Goodnight.

Some truly excellent races tonight with Fatsam, DismembO, bignige, DS and Angel. Real duels with no standout leader (though Fatsam had his fair bit of domination as usual). Always a pleasure gents. Goodnight.

Yup some very even races there, and some great shots with green shells/boomerangs/bombs/total chaos :D

Good games tonight everyone! It was chaos and everybody seems to have become ultra lethal when it comes to item usage. Managed to get the hang of the rainbow road shortcut though, when I was trailing behind Fatsam and Si. Never has so much jostling lead to so much profanity! And that's just the wife...

Good games tonight everyone! It was chaos and everybody seems to have become ultra lethal when it comes to item usage. Managed to get the hang of the rainbow road shortcut though, when I was trailing behind Fatsam and Si. Never has so much jostling lead to so much profanity! And that's just the wife...

Yeah, I have locked down the Rainbow Road shortcut now after watching Fatsam. My highlight last night was being in third behind DismembO on the Donkey Kong track during the final flying section and watching him throw a pinpoint bob-omb onto Fatsam letting us take 1st and 2nd. Bravo that man!

Sorry Fatsam ;)

I really hope the LAN adapter works with these homeplugs. If not I'm buggered.

I'm using a LAN adaptor via homeplugs and it works like a charm - haven't seen a single network or communication error message since I installed 'em.

is there some kind of secret 'super boost' from the start line? (i know about the hold down accelerator on 2)

I have been in some races and some off you guys are nearly out of distance by the first corner....