rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
hub2

Mario Kart 8

man, i tried mr scooty last night.. that thing is fast but the drifts... how!!?! they are far too wide.

The chaos is what drives me mad, once youre in the pack you just cant get away. Fatsam has the right idea when it works, the scooty bike has a +5 acceleration, and a heavy character has decent speed, so if he starts in pole and gets away, you can win by a good 5-10 seconds.

If you've got good acceleration you stand a much better chance of getting out of the pack. With the trade off being you'll have a tougher time holding the lead for aaaages which can be boring anyway. Just use a smaller character and be defensive rather than trying to be in first always. Makes it a much more fun experience. Hovering around the top three positions is where I've had some of my favourite games, rather than when youre out in front with nothing to do but look awesome 8-) .You dont need to change the settings that nintendo playtested to death for reasons of unfairness to one player.I know that's not exactly what you mean, but what I'm saying is that changing things is probably only going to help the already good players more than those who hover around the middle or back(just read that back and I'm not sure that is entirely true/complete bolox!). :sherlock: This game, cant get it out of my heed.

• Upvote 3

I should be on tonight too, think I've finally found a combo that I'm comfortable with... for now.

Just watched the Donut Plains 3 video posted above, didn't know there was a shortcut!

Was playing some Regional games last night because no one seemed to be on RLLMUK tourney (around 5) it is definitely a different game, so much easier. But that's not the point of this post (As it's been said many times before!)

It got down to a 1v1 at one stage and the level that came up was Rainbow Road. First lap and it was touch and go, he was slightly ahead as we came to the bit where the road splits in 2. We both go onto the lower road and at one of the corners he flies off the edge. I laugh and speed on past. As the 2 roads merge again I see him fly down the other road a fair bit ahead of me! I caught him up fairly quickly and passed him and built up a decent lead only to see the exact same thing happen again, the roads merged and he was ahead of me! Same happened on the final lap and I wasn't able to catch him before the line. I'm going to assume this is an exploit where Lakitu picks you up when you go off at a certain point on the lower road, and puts you on the higher road further down the track? Anyone else come across this? I don't mind being bombarded with shells and other items, but that sort of behaviour annoys me. :/

I've noticed a couple of the Mukkers do that - I assumed it dropped onto the road below as a shortcut but a Lakitu exploit does sound pretty shitty.

That's an actual shortcut, if it's the one I'm thinking of - there's a corner with one of the little glowy pillar things that give you a speed boost if you hit while on the anti-grav bit of the track. Shoot straight past it off the track and you'll land on a lower part of the track where the tracks merge going into the final corner.

If you watch mk tv after a good rllmuk session you normally always find shortcuts or tricks. I'm still finding new things myself :)

If you've got good acceleration you stand a much better chance of getting out of the pack. With the trade off being you'll have a tougher time holding the lead for aaaages which can be boring anyway. Just use a smaller character and be defensive rather than trying to be in first always. Makes it a much more fun experience. Hovering around the top three positions is where I've had some of my favourite games, rather than when youre out in front with nothing to do but look awesome 8-) .You dont need to change the settings that nintendo playtested to death for reasons of unfairness to one player.I know that's not exactly what you mean, but what I'm saying is that changing things is probably only going to help the already good players more than those who hover around the middle or back(just read that back and I'm not sure that is entirely true/complete bolox!). :sherlock: This game, cant get it out of my heed.

Yeah i tried a new combination last night, cruiserweight (pink fat koopa with sunglasses), yoshi bike and roller wheels. 4 speed, 4 accel, cant quite match the top speed of a heavyweight but kick ass acceleration, got some good wins off him. Ive given up trying to win each time youre right, just have fun whereever I am. Gone from total frustration to enjoying it again. I like playing against mukkers because (this might sound stupid) its fun seeing people on here playing really well. Compared to all the arguing that sometimes goes on, piling into a lobby of mukkers and battling it out is a good laugh. Shame about the lack of teamspeak, everyone should dial into some conference call and set their phones on speaker, just to hear the cries of anguish.

• Upvote 1

I like playing against mukkers because (this might sound stupid) its fun seeing people on here playing really well. Compared to all the arguing that sometimes goes on, piling into a lobby of mukkers and battling it out is a good laugh.

Completely agree Angel!

Its fun to see people back up their talk about games and stuff by then being really good at them, like people might be oh angel what a blowhard and his idiot opinions (or whoever) but it shows you can play the things.

Completely agree Angel!

And fun to race you after reading your mags for years.

That's why I really enjoy MK - this one definitely, is that these tourney games with you lot are genuinely a lot of FUN, if I play 4P with some chums, there's invariably one person that isn't as good or you can't really drive as well as you can in an attempt to make it more fun for everyone. In this, it's hard enough just getting round the bloody tracks in a reasonable time to worry about it.

It's far nicer and not as dudebro as your CoD's etc (although that might just be because of lack of voice chat but I reckon even if we did do a conference skype/ whatsapp chat, it would all be in good banter rather than angry ranty insults on our sexual preferences

It makes me fancy getting more involved in playing online with mukkers for sure

Depends how you want to play. Heavies for speed, lower for acceleration, lightweight for handling.

Whats the best kart combo - thinking about dumping Yoshi.

I miss using Yoshi =( But i found him lacking way too much.

Did you want him to have a back story? His best friend is dying, and did I mention he's a talking pie.

• Upvote 1

With all this talk of voice chat, it's possible to set up a private friends lobby where you can chat to each other between races. You all have to be friends with each other for it to work though.

Cheers Angel - glad you liked 'em!
Alas, I won't be around much tonight as the better half has got a serious case of 'Mario Kart widow'. Hope to be on at some points over the weekend however, most definitely Sunday night.

I was there years ago with my imported snes, n64 and so on, Its nice to get to play these games with people like yourself. Presumably you threw a shell at your wife and took 3 quid off her.

If you watch mk tv after a good rllmuk session you normally always find shortcuts or tricks. I'm still finding new things myself :)

Tis true. Only found the hidden jump in Shy Guy Falls today.

GGs. I noticed fatsam did that rainbow road trick, sneaky monkey.

One of the reasons why New Rainbow Road is the best Rainbow Road. Ace little short cut that.