IGNORED

Mario Kart 8

hub2

50cc isn't really good training for online is it? only recently got into this and played a few of the grand prix cups on 50cc and got the hang of it quite well, but then went online for a bit & got whipped! went flying off the corners a few times

Is the gamepad (with the screen) a good controller for this??

I use the regular gamepad with the map on the screen. Works great!

I use the regular gamepad with the map on the screen. Works great!

Id probably still prefer it on the tv, I find it tricky looking at both

that was the first thing I googled about the game, apparently an update out soon gives you the option

Each Add On Content pack will contain two new cups, each with four courses, which, in total, increases the number of available courses by 50 percent. The Add On Content packs include classics like Warios Gold Mine from Mario Kart Wii, as well as new courses, some taking place in the worlds of The Legend of Zelda and Animal Crossing. New vehicles will also arrive with each pack, including the Blue Falcon kart representing the F-Zero franchise in the first AOC pack.

Mario Kart 8 Pack 1 Released: November 2014

Pack 1 includes:

3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link

4 Vehicles

8 Courses

Mario Kart 8 Pack 2 Released: May 2015

Pack 2 includes:

3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser

4 Vehicles

8 Courses

As a bonus for purchasing both packs as a bundle or separately you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.

I'm assuming it's 7 quid per pack rather than 7 quid for both? 6 months between the packs seems a bit much though. SIX MONTHS! New tracks should be good whatever, but six sodding months before the second lot turn up?! Jesus christ, talk about dragging it out.

I'm assuming it's 7 quid per pack rather than 7 quid for both? 6 months between the packs seems a bit much though. SIX MONTHS! New tracks should be good whatever, but six sodding months before the second lot turn up?! Jesus christ, talk about dragging it out.

I agree but Mario Kart games sell forever so at least now a year down the line they can still say new content is coming and it's not like other racing games where the original release was cut down in order to sell you the rest of game during the months after launch.

I agree but Mario Kart games sell forever so at least now a year down the line they can still say new content is coming and it's not like other racing games where the original release was cut down in order to sell you the rest of game during the months after launch.

Why even bother mentioning it 8 months before it's actually due out though? And to be honest, I do think the release felt cut down in a way, it took no time to see all the tracks (bar mirrors, which unless you know about, you might not even know ever exist anyway) and the single player is virtually nonexistent as usual. It's the best Mario Kart game by some distance, but they could've done a lot more with it.

£7 seems like pretty darn good deal for 8 tracks and 3 characters to me (plus a Blue Falcon kart!). Especially since one of those tracks looks to be Mute City!

Looks to be, but which one? Presumably something from GX fits best, I hope to christ it's not Serial Gaps though. Still, as long it's got the music who cares :wub:

Why even bother mentioning it 8 months before it's actually due out though? And to be honest, I do think the release felt cut down in a way, it took no time to see all the tracks (bar mirrors, which unless you know about, you might not even know ever exist anyway) and the single player is virtually nonexistent as usual. It's the best Mario Kart game by some distance, but they could've done a lot more with it.

Looks to be, but which one? Presumably something from GX fits best, I hope to christ it's not Serial Gaps though. Still, as long it's got the music who cares :wub:

Cut down... as usual?

There's the normal number of tracks and they are more detailed than ever. The only thing arguably cut down is the battle mode.

Fantastic news! I just hope that they keep adding more IP. Makes me wonder why this was not the business model in the first instance...

I'd love Nintendo to have the brass balls to change the franchise name to Super Smash Kart... Whilst it'll never happen it would compliment Super Smash Brothers beautifully.

Wonder what Sega are thinking... Sonic Transformed 3... S0L? ;)

Cut down... as usual?

I see what you mean, it kind of doesn't make sense when you replace the words I wrote between "cut down" and "as usual" with just "..." does it.

Anyway, to fill them back in, I would've preferred it with a few more really good tracks from the off and with more to do in general, I know it had the standard number of tracks and the standard single player (that they haven't bothered to do anything with for 22 years).

I'd love Nintendo to have the brass balls to change the franchise name to Super Smash Kart... Whilst it'll never happen it would compliment Super Smash Brothers beautifully.

That's what they should rename the battle mode when they actually include some decent maps for it :)

Holy shit that's amazing! £7 for 8 tracks, plus cars and characters is some serious value.

My thoughts exactly. I rarely bother with DLC as it often seems just chucked together / a bit light on the content side of it but this is superb value.

Way to go nintendo :).

UPDATE 27/8/14 8.00am

Nintendo has officially confirmed the two Mario Kart DLC packs - now named The Legend of Zelda X Mario Kart 8 and Animal Crossing X Mario Kart 8.

Both £7 add-ons are now available to pre-purchase (and you can save money by getting both together in a bundle for £11). Buying them early unlocks eight different coloured Yoshis and eight different coloured Shy Guys for use right now.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-26-mario-kart-8-is-getting-zelda-and-animal-crossing-dlc

Actually, I wonder if it's 8 new tracks per pack or 4 tracks mirrored? With the two new cups being a standard and mirrored cup? Still reasonable either way, and if it's the former (which is how it read) then you're effectively getting a ridiculous 16 tracks if they're playable mirrored.

And to think I was going to sell this. Link and the notion of more rllmuk tourney room shenanigans has got me unreasonably excited for a man in his thirties! Let's reignite those rivalries in the rllmuk room, it's been a while since I've wished a quick death on Jes and said irrational things about dismembo's Mum!