Mario Kart 8

hub2

Ha! Quite so - and you can add cursing Fatsam as his enormous Mii raced off into the distance. (I don't know about anyone else, but I was pretty addicted to MK8 at the height of the rllmuk room fever - it was ace seeing regular 'faces' every night but I think the apparent unanimous drop-off was needed to, you know, eat, go to work, take toilet breaks and see significant others.)

So what happens now with online? Will the new tracks be included in the rotation? Will you have to join DLC specific rooms? Will the RLLMUK tourney be updated to allow the DLC tracks? This is something that always confused me about releasing content like this which should be used online.

That DLC looks great! Only re-affirms that they need to get more of their IP in there and get away from Mario for bit. Super Smash Bros Karting :P

Fantastic news! I just hope that they keep adding more IP. Makes me wonder why this was not the business model in the first instance...

I'd love Nintendo to have the brass balls to change the franchise name to Super Smash Kart... Whilst it'll never happen it would compliment Super Smash Brothers beautifully.

Wonder what Sega are thinking... Sonic Transformed 3... S0L? ;)

When they're ready for another All-Star game, SEGA only have to pick up the phone and ask :)

---

S0L

---

So what happens now with online? Will the new tracks be included in the rotation? Will you have to join DLC specific rooms? Will the RLLMUK tourney be updated to allow the DLC tracks? This is something that always confused me about releasing content like this which should be used online.

2QE1a6b.jpg

"With Nintendo's mastery of online strategy they're sure to have all this covered!"

Bloody Fatsam! What a rush it was to beat him every now and then. I was addicted as the rest of you, it was certainly my Wii U's golden period.

I guess it was because it was the first time I've ever been half decent at an online game. There was a real sense of community despite the fact that there was no voice comms in the lobby. "That's so unfair" went a long way! One for sarcasm, two for mild annoyance, three for furious rage!

Bloody Fatsam! What a rush it was to beat him every now and then. I was addicted as the rest of you, it was certainly my Wii U's golden period.

I guess it was because it was the first time I've ever been half decent at an online game. There was a real sense of community despite the fact that there was no voice comms in the lobby. "That's so unfair" went a long way! One for sarcasm, two for mild annoyance, three for furious rage!

I always go for 'That was Fun!' when things go pear shaped. In the voice of 'Comic Book Guy', obviously. If people are going in the rllmuk room of death tonight, I shall try and be there! About 8.30pm?

Have they made any alterations to existing tracks?

It's a while since I played so I'm probably just noticing details I previously overlooked.

Rainbow Road seemed easier. Again probably nothing to do with the update.

It's funny you should mention about Rainbow Road as I'm sure that I'd read something about it but can't for the life of me remember where or what it said.

Either way here's a list of the updates. No specific mention of any change to R.R (or any of the tracks for that matter) though I guess it could be covered by the last bullet point.

post-7039-0-10260200-1409136963_thumb.jp

That bundle price is just ridiculous, if more dlc felt like it was offering this much value then there'd be a lot less issue with it. Under 70p a track, plus more!

I'm really in two minds. It's obviously a great price for the content but when you put it next to the US price I can't help but feel like Nintendo are trying to take the piss for no good reason other than that they can, and it makes me feel like an idiot for buying it.

"It's only a few quid" or whatever, I know, but it's the principle that bugs me.

$11.99 for the double pack. There's no way that can exchange to £11.

But yeah, £11 is totally justified for the content, I guess I'm more annoyed that it's so cheap there as opposed to so expensive here. It just makes the deal we're getting seem way less good than it should do.

For comparison, NES Remix is $14.99 in the US and £8.99 here. Just some really confused pricing.

His last sentence covers what sort comparison he's making, he says it's still great value in the paragraph prior and doesn't suggest that it should cost the same anywhere. It's like you didn't even read it.

However, I wish it'd have never been mentioned to be honest but I couldn't stop myself asking :(

Prices in the US are quoted without their equivalent of VAT (or sales tax as they call it). This varies from state to state. The UK price is inclusive of VAT at 20%. So a fairer comparative would be to add 20% to the US price.

Yes, we know, and it still doesn't make sense if you happen to compare to the NES Remix price difference as quoted at $14.99 and £8.99 whereas this is $11.99 and £11.00. Tax or whatever, it doesn't work out which implies we're being overcharged for the MK8 stuff. Or undercharged for NES Remix. Or something. For what everyone agrees is loads of content anyway, so it's probably best just leaving it at that.

Awesome sets of dlc, but if I may whine just a little, why Didn't Nintendo sort the 59fps issue?

I know lots of people can't see or have no issue with this, but it's a small detail that really bugs some of us who do notice it.

Maybe in the next update?

That it isn't 60fps. I'd wager most of us don't notice.

Bought both DLC packs and the Mercedes cars today, though having the characters and tracks in the menus, when some of them won't be here until next May, could be a little annoying. The new colours of Yoshi and Shy Guy are a very nice touch, too.

Also, if this causes a little rllmuk resurgence, would anyone be up for a cross-forum tournament (either team or individual)? There are a good few regulars on the GRcade forum for example and I think it could work really well.