Mario Kart 8

hub2

Absolutely brilliant night of races for our return to MK guys! Bravo to the lot of you. I still can't stop laughing about that red shell on the line to win me the race Jes! This game indeed.

Si and DismembO representing for the North West, yo!

Absolutely brilliant games fellas - a pleasure to race against old faces and new! And nice to see the rllmuk room is as intense as it ever was. Si, I laughed out loud at that shelling, it was MK8 all over;) will be around on the weekend if anyone's up for more.

And the new kart I was using - the silver arrow? - is ace. That throaty engine roar!

ugh, this game man. Never felt rage like it. There are moments where it feels like I'm getting hit by every player in the game repeatedly. And then when I'm finally clear and able to move again the last person will come and bump me off the course. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally addicted but this isn't good for my health!

Great games tonight chaps! I wish I'd remembered to keep some spaces clear for replays. There was one where I was neck and neck with Si and just managed to green shell him right on the line to take first. Wish I could have saved it. Really enjoying the silver arrow/white yoshi combo I was using too. Good to race against the old crew!

Help me, there's stuff on my screen temporarily ! Mummy! :blink: My beautiful character select screen!

Cant wait to buy this back! Please post up some games on miiverse . I'll see ye in November.

Temporarily? I'm pretty sure they'll be on until the both downloads come out. Maybe they'll be on forever?

Nah, I can handle it but all my daughter's friends are going to end up trying to select the new characters and going through to the purchase screen everytime they play it.

I just feel that it's too much in your face advertising, the link on the first menu was enough.

Great games tonight chaps! I wish I'd remembered to keep some spaces clear for replays. There was one where I was neck and neck with Si and just managed to green shell him right on the line to take first. Wish I could have saved it. Really enjoying the silver arrow/white yoshi combo I was using too. Good to race against the old crew!

Was that the N64 Rainbow Road one? That was very tight. I gave you a mental hand clap and a wry smile when you took the win on the final stretch.

Last night was so much fun, just sorry I had to leave before the legend that is Fatsam came on. I won't be on tonight but I should be able to join you all for more beautiful violence at the weekend.

I'll come onto Rllmuk tonight. I've been playing online global matches and I was winning pretty comfortably most of the time - and I consider myself to be a bit shit compared to you guys. So, I'll come back on and get proper schooled again.

The missus and I played online as well last night, but couldn't join any of the rllmuk games as they were tournaments :(

Si, lookee what I found lurking at the hinterland of my recent games:

So close and yet so far;) I'm still chortling...

Ooh, I'm getting great 1930's Monaco GP vibes with all of you racing Silver Arrows on that course :D

Si, lookee what I found lurking at the hinterland of my recent games:

So close and yet so far;) I'm still chortling...

Brilliant! I totally forgot you can look at recent races even though your favourites are full. I may re-live certain races later today.

Only this game gives you moments like that. The best thing is, you're as likely to be on the end of it as you are to be one dishing it out. That blue shell on the line on Royal Raceway last night was a howler!

Good times.

The missus and I played online as well last night, but couldn't join any of the rllmuk games as they were tournaments :(

Ooh, I'm getting great 1930's Monaco GP vibes with all of you racing Silver Arrows on that course :D

That's odd, there isn't any restrictions on the rllmuk tournament. You should just be able to search for it and join us.

Yep, should be able to join, my friend was round ( Chemist, who got a LOT better by playing in the RLLMUK tournament than he was before) and there was no restriction, he was able to play fine as I had joined in.

Right, I just tried to join you directly from the Friends & Recent Players screen, but it didn't allow us. Bit odd.

Did you enter the tournament code before? You'll still need to do that in order to join us, regardless of whether you have us on your friends list.

2390 2960 8055

Did you enter the tournament code before? You'll still need to do that in order to join us, regardless of whether you have us on your friends list.

2390 2960 8055

Ah, that seems to be the issue. If I enter this code - say, tomorrow evening - can I join forumites playing at any time?

Sorry if already posted, but i just found this...

The Mario Kart 8 software update will also add a variety of new features designed to enhance the racing experience for everyone. These include:

- Drivers will now have the option to display the course map on the TV screen during races.
- Users will be able to check out statistics such as their total number of coins accumulated, win-loss record from online play, and their most frequently selected character overall.
- Users will be able to change options of others’ Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event.
- The order of the menu after each race will be changed to “ Next Race”, followed by “Watch Highlight Reel”.
- The game will remember the most recent customised kart settings that were selected, even if the Wii U system is powered down.

- Total online score is now 99,999 instead of 9999 points.

- Complete the game with each character to unlock Shigeru Miyamoto as a playable character. LOL
Improvements to stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience.

Love the fact it can now keep most recent kart selected.