IGNORED

Mario Kart 8

hub2

I think it's excellent. I was sceptical at first but it really is absolutely wonderful chaos but there's additional satisfaction when you brake juuuust the right about to stop yourself flying off yet another Neo Bowser City hairpin without so much speed that you get overtaken.

Also, falling off three times in the first lap of Rainbow Road and still staying in second place is an hilarious tale of mutual suffering. I do not want a Golden Mushroom on that track ever again.

200cc is amazing! Everything happens so quickly. Trying desperately to stay on the track on the rainy Koopa track on those slippery barrierless hairpins. Slamming into walls in Cheese Land. The new woods track is beautiful! Great to see so many familiar faces! Should be back on in a bit. Awesome.

needs big rethink of vehicle

I felt the opposite. I've gone from karts to bikes because I play with the wiimote and nunchuck, so no brake button. :( I could only rely on that inner drift.

But then I just discovered that Y can be used to 'go' with the conventional pads, with B on brake, so I'll have to get used to playing with those instead.

ive always been bikes, i cant find a comfy way to play with braking, and dont really wana be braking in a mario kart anyway. maybe if i could remap L and R to normal brake and accel type. id have preferred if they upped the grip to work with the extra oomph in the vehicles. ah well.

Ahaha! I went from a confident first to dead last on the final part of Big Blue, there; I just didn't have conviction in my final drift and, instread of sliding out to the left, I gracelessly hopped to the other side, right off the track. Weapon barrage then fifth.Such an amazing game!

this isnt for me at all, dont like :(

i know bingnige is possing this because he'd be happy if i wasnt playing it, but i dont know about you stefcha :P

[edit] ah you agree, yeah its messed up the balance for me. all the wall bashing is like wipeout.

I have had to change to bikes just to stay on the tracks, feel like a completely different game now, but I kinda like it. It will take time to find the right combo but once you do you will love it. Don't give up yet angel

we'll see man, i'll try again but id really like a button config option

yeah its messed up the balance for me. all the wall bashing is like wipeout.

This aint wipeout. In that you come to a dead stop , in this you bounce off the scenery or have to use the hop to good effect to cut a few corners. Braking is key on the hairpins, but feels so much faster than wipeout due to how you can properly control your drift. And not awful and devoid of all joy.

And Angel you were the one complaining before how its a party game and winning is random. Not that I ever agreed with that but I think this version takes more skill since it will be much more hard to "get used to " the tracks. You have to really think on the fly and make split second moves.

You have to start your drift incredibly early and switch to Y to accelerate. It was mentioned earlier in the thread, but that way you can use your thumb to tap B and slow down your drift. I'm going to switch to a heavy class character because I keep getting knocked off the track.