IGNORED

Mario Kart 8

hub2

Took part in a street pass 200cc tournament this weekend, got 4th which is really good considering I only started playing this a week ago. Guy who won it is one of the top players in the country or something like that.

Anyway been sorting through my backlog so I can sell it. I used to hold a strong dislike towards Mario Kart Wii but playing it again its actually pretty good, its still impossible for me to not notice how many assets they reused from double dash but its better than I remember, almost good enough to make me not sell it but I need the money. I still remember people moaning about items, items are really strong in this and the kart crash physics can send you flying off tracks but even then this is easy compared to Mario kart 8.

• 5 months later...

Very late to the party and I've got three questions as to MK8:

a) We own one Gamepad and one Pro Controller. Can we play local multiplayer using both controllers?

b) I think I read somewhere that two people playing the game locally can also take part in the same online multiplayer race - is that true? Even though there's only one NNID (mine)?

c) Is MK8 still being played online by a sufficiently large number of players?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Reached 10,000 coins today so the golden glider is finally mine. :-D

It has been such great online family entertainment this Christmas. The kids bringing up the rear whilst the parents fight it out at the front.

What a fantastic game.

Yes yes and yes

We play it in work every day, 2 local players going online. Great fun

Where do you work?

And damn, I need to get this. Opened my WiiU only two months ago, after having sat in the cupboard for over a year, and now I keep playing Splatoon - even though I don't really like squad-based shooters - and re-playing the Mario Galaxy games. Should move to this one probably.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, amc said:

Holy fookidy doo! Only just got around to playing this. What a technicolor masterpiece. Having not even considered Nintendo's next launch I'm feeling a Switch twitch itch incoming. 

Just so much fun.

The Switch version will be 1080p, have a few more racers, plus proper battle mode. 

I'm selling my WiiU version to go towards the purchase. I'm sure the price will drop to around £40 before it launches anyway. 

13 hours ago, amc said:

Holy fookidy doo! Only just got around to playing this. What a technicolor masterpiece. Having not even considered Nintendo's next launch I'm feeling a Switch twitch itch incoming. 

Just so much fun.

To play the game that you're already playing?

So there's nothing new to the switch release? Even so, which I doubt, I'll play it in my gazebo at the end of the garden. Or when I'm on my roller skates or some shit.

More Mario Kart 8 atm sounds alright to me.

4 minutes ago, shirubagan said:

Cool. I was just revisiting W101. 

Back in in a sec. 

I think I'm selling everything that isn't getting ported. I'll be revisiting this hopefully before the Switch hits. If I can Pure Plat the whole fucking thing I can sell the console.