IGNORED

Mario Kart 8

hub2

I must admit I much prefer it when the extra spaces are filled with CPU, it's so easy for someone to charge ahead and stay ahead when the pickups of the people behind are of the useless variety. Although having said that, I supoose the opposite is true, it's easier to stay ahead when the pack are fighting among themselves.

Loving time trial airport this morning...

Well I mean, that Japanese git is still 15seconds in front of me, BUT STILL.

Yes that's with me watching what he does, too.

Some great muk races earlier too, but some tracks make it feel far harder to get in the top 3 when your behind in 5th-8th than others. Or maybe I just need to learn the new tracks better. :P

The ones where you can be first and then last in a few seconds difference continue to be the best. :)

Is there anything about stopping the network errors, i have not been able to join 2 games - 'not able to join' and when i got into a game had one round and then the network error!!??

My wii u is wireless, approx 20cm from the router and i have no issues with anything else online, rock solid 60mb connection. Wii u has a static IP and uPnP is on in router so i am stumped, i assume it's peer to peer so not any kind of server issues??

Rosalina + motorbike seems to be a popular choice online with some of the better players, I imagine the great acceleration makes it easy to get ahead early on, then you just have to maintain it with some good racing.

Made some room in my friend list (deleted everyone who hasn't been online for longer than a week) and added S1ngho, scottcr and some more folks :)

"Could not find this Nintendo NNID."

:(

I want to add you! You were brutal.

Hmm weird. I had already sent you a friend request but had no reply, will retry in a moment when i go on.

On that note anybody about for some rllmuk GPs? played a few earlier with Fallows which was good fun.

I had to put my WiiU into the routers DMZ to get an online game going, kept on getting the communication error message.

(on BT Infinity with HH5)

First race, 8th out of 11.

I'll give this a go, forgot I've got nothing else that needs to be in there these days. Wonder if it'll sort the issues I'm having with the time trial times too? A reboot of everything as was certainly didn't seem to make any difference.

edit: Hmm, looking through the HH5 settings there's "Extended UPnP security" set on in the UPnP settings by default. Wonder what that is, and what affects. It says sod all about it.

How many Snes / 64 courses does this have?

There are 32 tracks, consisting of 16 new tracks and 16 retro tracks, featuring one track each from Super Mario Kart and Mario Kart: Super Circuit, four tracks from Mario Kart 64, two each from Mario Kart: Double Dash!! and Mario Kart Wii, and three each from Mario Kart DS and Mario Kart 7.