Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

rubberducker

Picked this up in tesco today was only £40 so about internet prices, loving it so far both 1 and 2 player has been great fun.

Only got the wii u last week completed the mario it came with I honestly love it so far I've played it more in the week I've had it than I have my ps3 in over a year, plus it's made me get that 3ds xl from amazon lol

The sheer vibrancy of colour in this is non-existent yet on the other next-gen consoles. (Flower comes sort of close but it's lighter hues) My eyeballs would eat it all up if it could.

Played for close to 3 hours and the extended battery didn't even go down by one, glad I got it alongside.

Played for close to 3 hours and the extended battery didn't even go down by one, glad I got it alongside.

Which battery did you go for? Last time I checked the battery thread on GAF it was always "best. battery life. ever!" followed a few days later by "the GamePad keeps shutting off unexpectedly".

I've gotten so used to having the GamePad at the lowest possible brightness to eke some life out of it that it looks amazing when I crank it up for a bit.

Which battery did you go for? Last time I checked the battery thread on GAF it was always "best. battery life. ever!" followed a few days later by "the GamePad keeps shutting off unexpectedly".

I've gotten so used to having the GamePad at the lowest possible brightness to eke some life out of it that it looks amazing when I crank it up for a bit.

There's an official battery out. Costs 25 quid but roughly doubles the gamepads battery life.

I keep mine plugged in I assume that's not damaging it?

Nah it's fine like that.

Well - it's a no show today. I complained and got a free month of prime out of it. But I want Mario.

There's evening parcel deliveries being laid on in the run up to Christmas but it could also be an office where the managers tell posties to leave packets if they can't complete on time!

Mine is downloaded and all ready to play when the grand daughter gets here.

The sheer vibrancy of colour in this is non-existent yet on the other next-gen consoles. (Flower comes sort of close but it's lighter hues) My eyeballs would eat it all up if it could.

and balance was returned to the force

I wish I'd gone with download now - but I've only a 5 quid token just now and well... that box.

Did you just send them an email?

I used the amazon chat thingy that comes up when you go to help...

I'm going in!

that looks glorious

Colour can look amazing and still be utter fail, Scotty*. Had a few early deaths due to the camera placement. You basically need to get used to what it does and does not show you compared to other 3D Mario's.

*Sonic Lost World

I picked this up today in HMV. It's a lovely, lovely game.

Originally I went to Game, who were exceptionally busy trying to flog PS4s to people only as part of some hilariously large bundle deal. I stood in the queue for a while. It was hot and loud, which I could just about cope with until I had the following exchange with the woman in front of me in the queue.

She asked me why it was so busy. I pointed at a PS4 poster and said "that got released today, so I think people are keen to get their hands on their new console". To which she informed me she was waiting in the queue to collect one herself.

Then she went "bloody saddos standing in line for a silly machine".

I turned and walked right out the shop. I couldn't deal with that level of idiocy on my day off.

Every time I go back to the world map, I try walking to the next level along the straight lines set out on the map. And then I remember - for the first time you don't need to! Until I end up back on the world map once more and forget again.