rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
smithstock

The Crew - PS4/Xbox One/PC

Having played this alot on PC in the last week with 3 of my mates doing COOP It's definetly not as bad as people make out. There is definetly some dodgy decisions in the game such as the anoying "hit the boxes" time limit game and radio towers and with it really not needing to be online only as half the time theres no one else driving about. The gameplay is nice though and theirs some interesting and fun races. I really like the dirt races on this game aswell. Theres a nice addictiveness about leveling up cars and parts aswell. I got it for £15 on sale so can't grumble.

The game is awesome. The only game I played over Christmas. Absolutely loved exploring the map, it has a great atmosphere. The lighting is superb and the attention to detail. Once you get the better cars it really does shine. Shame it got mediocre reviews as I think a lot of people have missed out on a great game.

• Upvote 1

I think the difficulty of getting other cars works against it.

What it loses from TDU is the empire building. This should have houses and garages and the ability to have a million cars. You could even work it into the story such as it is as Zoe tries to force him back on track rather than have the power go to his head.

And I think that's what would change this from "Game I love I play a lot and will slowly work through everything" to TDU style "This is my life for the next month".

I've played this since launch and I still only have a Nissan and a BMW. That just shouldn't be in anything calling itself a car game in 2015.

I don't get the "it's difficult to get cars" complaint. I've played to New York in the storyline and I've got 6 cars already. You're doing something wrong, Dudley.

Got this last week, and I'm finding the same with the cars at the moment. It feels like the game lacks focus - I've no idea what half the features in the game actually do. Some woman keeps telling me not to do the next mission until I have more experience, but I'm not entirely sure what that's supposed to mean. Am I supposed to grind through a load of shitty slalom events?

The map is hugely impressive, though, and there's definitely the fun of TDU exploration hidden somewhere under the mass of mess that I presume ubi think is require in order to make it a game.

How does one join a crew? I have it on PS4.

I don't get the "it's difficult to get cars" complaint. I've played to New York in the storyline and I've got 6 cars already. You're doing something wrong, Dudley.

I've no idea what, you earn money glacially slowly and cars are expensive.

Got this last week, and I'm finding the same with the cars at the moment. It feels like the game lacks focus - I've no idea what half the features in the game actually do. Some woman keeps telling me not to do the next mission until I have more experience, but I'm not entirely sure what that's supposed to mean. Am I supposed to grind through a load of shitty slalom events?

In theory yes but there is certainly a bug where she tells you this when it's not true. Look at your car's rating and make sure you fit parts you've won (including ones you couldn't fit at first because level). I've done no grinding to speak of and I'm way ahead of you.

I've no idea what, you earn money glacially slowly and cars are expensive.

In theory yes but there is certainly a bug where she tells you this when it's not true. Look at your car's rating and make sure you fit parts you've won (including ones you couldn't fit at first because level). I've done no grinding to speak of and I'm way ahead of you.

Have you noticed there are 2 currencies in the game? I can't remember what they call them, but I used the 200,000 odd special money bits I had to buy my cars mixed in with the normal money bits.

Yes, some of the top end cars are expensive, but between those 6, my suped up starter car and the variation the missions themselves often give, I'm far from bored.

I'm up to Las Vegas and only have like four cars aswell. I 100% agree about not enough cars. I would much prefer to have loads and then I could just mod my favourites. Their should be pink slip races in there or something.. how does TDU run now has it aged bad?

Finally managed a game at the weekend with my brother with no server issues and we had great fun. We explored some areas and did a few missions and enjoyed it. That was off the back of Forza too, which looks better but I feel it doesn't offer as much fun in multiplayer.

So I bought this at it is now £15 preowned in Game. Xbox One all installed and ready to go. Played through the prologue, had a look at the map and then allowed the game to install an update. When I return to it I cannot get onto the servers so it won't start at all. I've got no other problems with my Internet connection but just can't get this game to start.

Annoying, I was quite looking forward to TDU mixed with NFS.

It can be buggy to load. Sometimes it hangs for me but infact leaving it several minutes will then see it load. It seems better since the patch though

Nearly completed the main story, some great sights to see and I love how varied the landscapes are from the desert rocks to the snow covered mountains. I think it gets a rough review for graphics tbh.

Thanks. I did manage to get on this afternoon and evening, just making a start with the story but I'm enjoying it so far in a sort of low rent F&F/Need for Speed kind of way.

lol wut?

http://www.game.co.uk/en/the-crew-wild-run-edition-only-at-game-809387?pageSize=40&categoryIdentifier=876457&catGroupId=

The Crew® Wild Run edition is the ultimate edition for all driving fans!

The Crew is a revolutionary driving game developed exclusively for next-gen consoles and high-end PCs that leverages the new hardware capabilities to connect players online like never before. The Crew takes you and your friends on a reckless ride inside a massive, open-world recreation of the United States that is brimming with exciting challenges.

The Crew® Wild Run Edition includes The Crew® Wild Run Expansion, introducing new vehicles types (motorcycles, monster trucks, dragsters…), new challenges, a graphic update and much more !

http://thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-gb/wild-run/index.aspx

"a complete graphical overhaul"

and bikes.

It's a remake?

Oh how you WISH you were driveclub:

The-CREW_screen_LocalNoise_e3_2014_14781

THECREW_GC_Screenshots_01_111689.jpg

• Downvote 3

It's not really a remake, they've overhauled the graphics engine and released an expansion pack. They're realising it as a full package as a sort of ultimate edition.

You still get the graphic upgrade for the original game.

It's not really a remake, they've overhauled the graphics engine and released an expansion pack. They're realising it as a full package as a sort of ultimate edition.

You still get the graphic upgrade for the original game.

Is this still launching on the 17th? I've not heard anything about plans for the graphics for owners of the original game or whether you have to pay for the upgrade?

I read that standard owners get the graphics boost earlier. If I can find the link I'll post it.

But you can buy the DLC for about £16 for the standard game. And you get the graphics update regardless.

and maybe they could have done this re-release at £29.99, like other cutdown remakes (Im thinking the old blood or ground zeroes)

£16 for bikes don't look like such a bargain now, does it?

• Downvote 1

Sean, what the fuck are you babbling on about, it is £30 at most places, you've just linked to the Game website which is not known for its cheapness. It looks like a fairly hefty expansion so releasing a GOTY type edition to maybe boost sales of a game that sold less than expected is not an unusual thing in the video game industry, if you want to buy the game but don't want the added content the original version is still available for cheap but if you want the new DLC the Wild Run edition will still work out a bit cheaper.

I'm no fan of many companies money gouging tactics but I really don't think that this is that bad.

• Upvote 2