IGNORED

Football thread 2013/14 season

Naysonymous

Ha.

If / when Chelsea do sign Willian, they could field an XI that only includes attacking midfielders. They would have to recall a few players that are on loan, and we would have to say Mikel is an attacker (he played further forward when he was younger, and still does for Nigeria), but still. Maybe this is some ploy by Abramovich to control the world's supply of of playmakers and drive up their price.

This last week or so, I've been listening to TalkSport quite a bit, having never listened to it before. I've found it to be enjoyable at times, even when I've had to endure Stan Collymore talking nonsense far too loudly. Richard Keys' and Andy Gray's show just came on though, and I'm already reminded of just what a pair of sad old wankers they really are. They both sound like they're sat recording the show in the bog, and they started the show with "The Boys are Back in Town", because they're lads and well blokey. I was elated when they got booted off Sky, but now having been reminded that these talentless, outdated fuck knuckles exist, I'm just about ready to put a bullet in my head.

Were Everton or Swansea in for him aswell?? ;)

Twitter has been pretty funny today with all this going on, top form from everyone but the classless Chelsea lot of course - Liverpool fans have been good fun with a personal fave being 'its like getting a new signing' with the news he is going to Chelsea and not Spurs :D

Haha I wouldn't take it that far but it does feel better knowing he's gone to Chelsea, a team we couldn't touch anyway. Obviously everyone knows we want top 4 and the only way to do that is to challenge Arsnal or Spurs so the fact he's now not going to Spurs after they piped us to him is a nice feeling :P

Haha I wouldn't take it that far but it does feel better knowing he's gone to Chelsea, a team we couldn't touch anyway. Obviously everyone knows we want top 4 and the only way to do that is to challenge Arsnal or Spurs so the fact he's now not going to Spurs after they piped us to him is a nice feeling :P

What all the Liverpool fans seem to forget is we tried to sign him in January so in well before Liverpool ;)

Whats all this on twitter about Suarez to Barcelona now, more winding up on a slow Bale news day?

Last time you were top of a league you immediately went on one of the most disastrous run of results of all time and suffered back to back relegations!

Indeed, after a 0-0 draw at Villa Park.

I'm sure two upcoming losses to Walsall, and one to Shrewsbury will put us back on track!

This last week or so, I've been listening to TalkSport quite a bit, having never listened to it before. I've found it to be enjoyable at times, even when I've had to endure Stan Collymore talking nonsense far too loudly. Richard Keys' and Andy Gray's show just came on though, and I'm already reminded of just what a pair of sad old wankers they really are. They both sound like they're sat recording the show in the bog, and they started the show with "The Boys are Back in Town", because they're lads and well blokey. I was elated when they got booted off Sky, but now having been reminded that these talentless, outdated fuck knuckles exist, I'm just about ready to put a bullet in my head.

I used to listen but don't often tune in much these days. Hawksby and Jacobs are great during the day.

Couple of good games today, Liverpool hung on but Villa looked very good and deserved at least a point. Arsenal look good on the break but much like Liverpool look slow at the back and will get exposed.

The most decisive victory of the day is Sky vs BT Sport, i thought Setanta were bad back in the day but BT have struck a new low :o

What all the Liverpool fans seem to forget is we tried to sign him in January so in well before Liverpool ;)

Yes I know this but in the last week we were on the verge of signing him until you came back for him. Now that's happened to you it's just quite bitter sweet :)

I couldn't decide who was worse of the two BT sport commentators. Michael Owen lapsed into description too much, as if he was commentating for radio. Mark Halsey was trying to be all clever, but just ended up coming out with these awkwardly phrased, redundant observations like "the pitch is becoming an increasingly wet surface." I didn't know whether to laugh or cringe.

I just can't get my head around why whoever is in charge, thinks that anybody wants to listen to Michael Owen, as a pundit or a commentator. He offers absolutely nothing.

Although seeing David James with that ridiculous hair means you can't take him seriously either. The only one I have any time for is Mcmanaman.

I've not seen BT Sport yet, but I really, really hope Carragher doesn't get in Neville's way or diminish him or anything on Sky. I'd really rather just play it safe and leave Neville to do his thing. Stick Carragher next to Redknapp, give them their own "The Two Jamies" show or something (oh God) but just don't fuck up the one decent pundit this country has.

Watching MotD last week, Shearer sent me in to a coma. I woke up with blood pouring from my ears.

Carragher and Neville had a good rapport last week on MNF, Carragher is a little rough around the edges (lololololol) but I can see him developing into a good pundit when he gets used to the role. His accent will still be a major problem though, I imagine alot of people will find it difficult to understand, especially when he gets excited and it gets even higher.

Apparantly rumours abound that a premier league manager to get the sack in the next couple of days. Holloway's favourite with his "failure" in the transfer market being held up as the reason why. What's even more funny is the fact that it's Pardew whose favourite for the job if/when it happens.