rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

Don't be silly. Imagine Gerrard powered by Klopp hugs. He'd have been unstoppable. Not that he would really fit into our current side but that's kind of the point: Klopp doesn't have a rigid way of playing and then look to fit players into that. That's why there are no square pegs in round holes since he came in. He looks at the group and then makes signings to compliment the group. If we had a young Gerrard when Klopp came in, we probably would just be playing with a more typical right-back rather than an alien like Trent that can somehow run a game from right-back.

Phil was very much a Klopp player, too. It's not like Barca came sniffing and we went "yeah, here you go. Take him, please!". We wanted to keep him and he forced his way out. Obviously the group kicked on and grew in his absence so it worked out pretty great.

• Upvote 1

Klopp bro-shake

Mane smile.

Shaq practically taking you to first base.

First day at the new office doesn’t get better than that.

I am worried about our finances. We are using the fitness equipment as a table for bottles of various things. :unsure: :;) 

Screenshot_2020-01-01_at_11_03_22.thumb.png.26cc28f2a38fbf9b6e211302491d84fe.png

Either that of the AVON lady had a good day.

Klopp and Wenger in conversation. About the only half-decent thing BeIn Sport has done in five years.

• Upvote 1

Sheffield United have been brilliant this season. I think Lundstram will have a dream moment and get the winner tonight. 

1-0 to Sheffield United. 

The reverse fixture was one of our most difficult of the season, they’ll sit in and make it really hard for us, and cause problems with decent counter attacking. A win would be a massive result. 

Keita is out now too. Not ideal. Milner in though, probably the most reliable playr you could ask for in this situation. 

Yeah reliable but not particularly creative, which we’ll need to break these down!! 

Only two senior outfield players on the bench and City complain about their injuries :lol:

13 minutes ago, hmm said:

Is there any news on AOC yet?

Klopp said it was a ligament injury. No timescale at the time but I think a couple of articles suggested 3-4 weeks.

Read a Guardian headline today that had him out until the ‘New Year’. Got upset for Oxlaide-Chamberlain but then realised the report was posted in 2019.

Sheffield United impressive so far. Reds playing much better than they did against Wolves but in a similar game with well-organised, dangerous opponents.

Sheffield United have been great so far. Apart from the slip leading to the goal the defending has been faultless and Liverpool aren't finding a way through.

I think we've played within our limits for the most part. Well in control, nothing too strenuous, and plenty more to give if the need arises. 

It was a brilliant save from Henderson but Mane was so quick to get back up and put away the rebound. 

We've just been managing this game and saving our legs from about the 4th minute. Not a spectacle at all really. Looks like we have at least 3 more gears we could go through. But we need to up it for final few minute now Sheffield United are giving it a go. 

Record number of completed passes by any team in the Premier League era. 

Controlled that game with no issues at all. 85 points collected from the last 87. This team is ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

Jake Humphrey, on BT Sport, reckons if Liverpool win their next league match it'll be the best start to a top flight season. Ever.

It's against Spurs though and I fancy Mourinho will park a few buses.

2 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Jake Humphrey, on BT Sport, reckons if Liverpool win their next league match it'll be the best start to a top flight season. Ever.

It's against Spurs though and I fancy Mourinho will park a few buses.

Of course Mourinho will spoil the run. It's what he does. 

We just need to make sure that we step it up after any potential blip. Because there is no way we will go 37-1-0 by the end of the season*. We will drop some points, just make sure we react well when we do. 

*If we do I will get Bill Kenwright tattooed on my calf. 

4 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Of course Mourinho will spoil the run. It's what he does. 

We just need to make sure that we step it up after any potential blip. Because there is no way we will go 37-1-0 by the end of the season*. We will drop some points, just make sure we react well when we do. 

*If we do I will get Bill Kenwright tattooed on my calf. 

I'll travel to you to make sure you do too.

Chris Wilder sounds smitten with this Liverpool team. Always comes across well.