rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

Fully expect the Mourinho bus to be parked today and them to get a scaffy winning goal 

This Spurs side isn’t good enough defensively to park the Mourinho bus. If they do that we’ll run out comfortable winners. 

We’ve all had fun recently. Mourinho is going to bring us back down to earth with a bump. It seems to be his speciality these days. Especially with it all looking like going against them recently.

Spurs are winning this one 3-0 

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

We’ve all had fun recently. Mourinho is going to bring us back down to earth with a bump. It seems to be his speciality these days. Especially with it all looking like going against them recently.

I do wonder if you’ve accidentally been watching Norwich all season and not one of the best Liverpool sides ever and currently the best team in the world.  

Did I say 3 at the back? Try 8! Even VAR couldn't find a reason to rob us of that goal, though.

I think a Liverpool player is going to be sent off for a second booking in this match. 

Spurs should have got a point from that match, they missed two great chances. Great win though and a nice points gap at the top.

I didn't enjoy that at all, but 16 points clear with a game in hand and undefeated for the equivalent of a full season.

What. A. Fucking. Team

:wub:

I'm really glad that one's over, Mourinho-ball is utterly horrendous and I thought that was going to be our toughest match all season. Imagine ditching Pochettino for that? We could and should have hit them much harder, but the win is all that matters at this point. Long may this machine keep on rolling!

4 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

I'm really glad that one's over, Mourinho-ball is utterly horrendous and I thought that was going to be our toughest match all season. Imagine ditching Pochettino for that? We could and should have hit them much harder, but the win is all that matters at this point. Long may this machine keep on rolling!

that’s what makes no sense to me, they ditch one of the best managers in the world after not opening the purse strings to refresh the team but hire someone who they’d need to open the purse strings for to rebuild into a very ugly team. 

Difficult game and the lack of central midfield options is beginning to show as the second half took its toll on the players.

A full week to recover should hopefully allow them the preparation time for the United game, which gives way to what looks like a run of 7 or 8 games against teams outside the top 6. Wolves away looking to be the most difficult upcoming fixture until Everton away in March.

Hopefully one or two of Fabinho, Milner and Keita will be back in contention for the match day squad come Sunday. Oxlade-Chamberlain was struggling earlier and Lallana was almost certainly a square peg in a round hole.

One thing did stand out today and that was how terrible Martin Atkinson was. Gave a free kick every time Lucas Moura felt a breeze for one. But was dreadful for both teams overall. 

Alisson is so fucking good. Just so solid and calm. He’s great at catching a ball and making it stick, it’s obviously something he’s worked on, as he seems to be getting better at it.

9 hours ago, bradigor said:

Unless you are doing this on purpose I don’t think I have ever seen you post something positive about an upcoming game for Liverpool.

4 hours ago, dizogg said:

Alisson is so fucking good. Just so solid and calm. He’s great at catching a ball and making it stick, it’s obviously something he’s worked on, as he seems to be getting better at it.

Having never had the honour of watching Clemence play for Liverpool. I have to say the Alisson is the best I have ever seen. Reina was fantastic, as was Brucie, but Alisson is on a whole other level. 

Same goes for most of this team. There are only a handful of players that would get into it from the last 30 odd years. It is seriously special. 

• Upvote 2

For a long time Liverpool have been making good keepers into crap ones a few years later.  James, Westerweld, Dudek, Reina, Mignolet all suffered a huge loss of confidence and form from which they found it hard to come back.

Been bored to tears three or four times at work today by Spurs fans. "We deserved a draw, if we'd taken our chances we would have got one".

If Liverpool had taken their chances they'd have been well away before half time, the half where they had something stupid like 80% of possession.

Yes, Tottenham managed to rally in the final 20 minutes but a football match is 90 minutes.