rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

If we'd only played our away games, we'd be 5th in the league. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, ryodi said:

We really need to avoid being knocked out of the CL otherwise it could be a season ending like PSG where you’ve nothing to play for after February.

Know what you mean but I’ll still take winning the league and that’s it, that trophy needs to be at Anfield finally 

I wouldn’t say no to the European cup though and fa cup and invincibles

16 hours ago, bradigor said:

This is what leagues used to look like when I cheated on Championship Manager

130829723_Screenshot2020-01-29at21_46_15.thumb.png.39903db062c32360013b8e4d72028985.png

Hey, congratulations guys. You're mathematically safe from relegation.

36 points clear off 5th and getting a top 4 place which was a big thing not too long ago mad 

I just like that Man United are closer to having no points than they are Liverpool.

In January.

:lol:

Is this the best team not just in Europe or the world or even ever in the top flight, but the best football team ever, including 1970 Brazil, 2010-era Barcelona etc? Or is this the best team in the history of sports? More than the ‘65 Boston Celtics or ‘87 Lakers? Or even the most dominant side in the general history of engagement? Zuckerberg cutting Saverin out of FB and diluting his stake? Nixon carpet-bombing Cambodia?

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Meat said:

Is this the best team not just in Europe or the world or even ever in the top flight, but the best football team ever, including 1970 Brazil, 2010-era Barcelona etc? Or is this the best team in the history of sports? More than the ‘65 Boston Celtics or ‘87 Lakers? Or even the most dominant side in the general history of engagement? Zuckerberg cutting Saverin out of FB and diluting his stake? Nixon carpet-bombing Cambodia?

They’re no Mighty Ducks.

I think Pep's Barcelona are the best team in recent history

La Liga: 2008–09, 2009–10, 2010–11

Copa del Rey: 2008–09, 2011–12

Supercopa de España: 2009, 2010, 2011

UEFA Champions League: 2008–09, 2010–11

UEFA Super Cup: 2009, 2011

FIFA Club World Cup: 2009, 2011

The same level of dominance he's had with City without repeatedly bottling it in the Champions League and the last two league title both Barcelona and Madrid finished with more than 90 points. However if Liverpool don't start drawing games soon Liverpool will be the most dominant side in their division of the top 5 leagues ever I think.

Yeah if Liverpool somehow keep this form and win another CL either this season or next while hitting back to back league titles then they could well be up there at the top. 

However, that Barca team with Xavi, Messi and Iniesta was something else. If it wasn't for a poor handball decision against Inter they'd have had 3 CL titles in a row in that collection too. 

Even if Liverpool ‘only’ break the top flight points  record this season, think there’s still no question they’re in among the greatest English sides. But to be widely considered alongside the all-time great sides in football, think back-to-back titles / European Cups is what it would take. Mind you, three European finals (and counting) plus a season with only one league defeat and, well, the thing that’s looking increasingly like a formality, in three seasons still puts Klopp’s side in the conversation.

They really are something special. Unlike Liverpool sides in the last 30 years, they expect to win even before they walk onto a pitch. They have a mentality that is a huge testament to the work Klopp does.

Sustaining that for another season and beyond is something Reds can worry about another time; for now best to enjoy them and, in particular, this ludicrous run of form. Which sees them sitting 19 points clear. I mean, that’s ridiculous. What is this, Ligue 1?

I agree that some kind of dynasty in the European Cup is what it'll take for real recognition. Kind of mad that it looks like LFC could quite reasonably think of having a chance at that already.

In ‘grass isnt always greener’ news Emre Can has now moved to Dortmund and Bobby Duncan looks like he’s heading to Sunderland on loan. Along with Bayern sending Coutinho back to Barcelona when his loan expires this should be plenty of incentive of Wijnaldum to sign a new contract.

So, the thing I feared is happening. Danny Ings is starting for Southampton today. The story unfortunately writes itself. We'll have two weeks to put it behind us though, which is a positive. 

Liverpool 0-1 Southampton (Ings)

• Upvote 1

He played and scored in the last game and Liverpool still won.

These commentators saying that was a pass back by Robertson are clearly forgetting the UK went over 40 years back in time last night so it’s fine. 

• Upvote 1

Also, not a deliberate back pass. It has to be deliberate attempt to play the ball to the goalkeeper to be a back pass. 

9 minutes ago, DukeOfEarlsfield said:

What a game of football this is. Both teams playing with their foot stamped down on the accelerator.

Yup, one of the better 0-0s I’ve seen this season. Admittedly not been many featuring Liverpool.

Southampton are a decent side again. Defending well and causing plenty of problems on the break.

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

So, the thing I feared is happening. Danny Ings is starting for Southampton today. The story unfortunately writes itself. We'll have two weeks to put it behind us though, which is a positive. 

Liverpool 0-1 Southampton (Ings)

Honestly mate, I've got no idea how negative you are towards your team. I mean, I'm exactly the same with United, but the difference is Liverpool are awesome at the moment. You should really allow yourself to believe in them a bit more and enjoy the ride while it's happening.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JPL said:

Honestly mate, I've got no idea how negative you are towards your team. I mean, I'm exactly the same with United, but the difference is Liverpool are awesome at the moment. You should really allow yourself to believe in them a bit more and enjoy the ride while it's happening.

Because we are shit. ;)

And I really don't want that tattoo. But believe me I am enjoying this ride

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

I wouldn't take it so seriously. Its tradition now. I enjoy Bradigor's predictions, long may they continue!

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, dizogg said:

I wouldn't take it so seriously. Its tradition now. I enjoy Bradigor's predictions, long may they continue!

Oh, I know it’s a bit of superstitious fun, I just want him to enjoy it as well, which he is according to his reply. All good!

• Upvote 1

Half a yard away from being our goal of the season. Ridiculous counter-attack.

• Upvote 1

Ings was unlucky not to get a penalty before the goal, Fabinho definitely tripped him and the Firmino foul wasn’t given because the cross was nowhere near him. 

3 minutes ago, glb said:

Half a yard away from being our goal of the season. Ridiculous counter-attack.

It really was a spectacular passage of play, that deserved the goal. At least we didn't have to wait long for something else!

• Upvote 1