rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

We are utterly magnificent. Shaky end to the first half and then we come out after half time and show exactly why we're where we are.

22 points! Insanity.

21 points to go, hopefully 18 by tomorrow, weve just finished above Arsenal btw on February 1st...

• Upvote 1

Southampton were very tricky to play against today and kept Liverpool occupied with Ings and Long as a front pairing, Ings deserves a special mention as he was excellent throughout.

That prevented Robertson and Alexander Arnold from being as gung ho getting forward as they normally are. Southampton was one of the most difficult home performances so far.

It’s weird... 4-0 is harsh on Southampton but doesn’t really flatter Liverpool. That extra couple of gears they found in the second half was breathtaking.

Good luck to Saints, they are a decent outfit.

From earlier in the week (promoting the new training kit), but worth a look for the game towards the end. The speed at which top-flight players operate is ludicrous. They’d score 20+ down the local 5-a-side.

The lowest we can finish in the league as of 1st Feb is 8th.  Everyone from Everton down cannot mathematically catch us. 

Also.. Ings is still loved. Huge respect for him from the players and Klopp

• Upvote 3

And now you're gonna believe us!

Spoiler

We've got a decent chance of winning the league. But anything can still happen and I won't count my chickens until they have hatched. ;)

Not sure it scans. 

• Upvote 2

On 29/01/2020 at 21:55, Adrock said:

It's a bit of an ask but Liverpool need to beat Southampton, Norwich, West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth whilst City need to drop 6 points from Tottenham, West Ham, Leicester, Arsenal and Man U to be in with a realistic chance of securing the title away to Everton.

That's achievable given how the season has panned out so far on Liverpool's part. Would be pretty good fun too.

Liverpool navigated the most difficult fixture of the 5 and City obliged by dropping 3 points in their first of the 5 fixtures highlighted.

Everton away is still on.

Imagine 

Rodgers and Leicester take points
Arteta and Arsenal put another nail in the coffin

United put the final nail in. 

I hope it's not down to when we play Everton, I'm gonna be on a plane coming back from America.

*edit*

Ignore this, the game is 12pm Vegas time and I dont fly out till 21:40. Phew.

It’s great right now but never forget Blackpool at Home, Stoke 6-1, Sevilla final second half , Mario Balotelli, Roy Hodgson, That Chelsea game, Man Utd Champions, Paul Konchesky, Palace 3-3, Loris Karius, Aston Villa semi final, Milan Jovanovic and it’s even more great!

Milan Jovanavic was one of the the greatest player in the world!

• Upvote 2

It’s looking increasingly ‘on’ but I’ve got no idea what to do when winning a league. Last time we did I was 10. 

I will open up my ~1988 Hamlyn Encyclopaedia of Soccer and add to list of league wins, as I did in 1990, but then what? Go out drinking? Doesn’t really seem enough or right somehow. 

Dunno what I’ll do. What about you?

Got a ticket for Palace so hope that’s the day, and if so I’ll wake up naked in a garden somewhere in Birkenhead if I wake up at all*

*I’ll probably have a big happy cry and walk back to my hotel for a Coke and a Mars bar.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Pockets said:

It’s looking increasingly ‘on’ but I’ve got no idea what to do when winning a league. Last time we did I was 10. 

I will open up my ~1988 Hamlyn Encyclopaedia of Soccer and add to list of league wins, as I did in 1990, but then what? Go out drinking? Doesn’t really seem enough or right somehow. 

Dunno what I’ll do. What about you?

I'll be begging the football gods for a draw somewhere further down the line. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, bradigor said:

I'll be begging the football gods for a draw somewhere further down the line. 

I'm not, I want my £2500 if we win every game

• Upvote 1

In my life time I really don't remember the last time we won the league. Over the years I've always dreamed of us winning it, but can't actually  believe it's going to happen!!  I've waited until yesterdays result to really let myself fully believe it is now our year. Potentially as well this will be a record breaking win as well!

Now, I might stop myself dreaming of the double, and back to back Champs leagues!

Just came in to ask if anyone had a stream. Is this because we are playing an understrength team / no Klopp?