rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

I accidentally put Liverpool to win with under 2.5 goals on my 3 match bet when I meant over, so that first half was the team helping me out.  

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

Really checking for a foul there? Behave.

Lucky, lucky Liverpool ;)

That touch and then the athleticism to recover and hit the shot with that much power were both outrageous. What a player.

55 minutes ago, Mike said:

I accidentally put Liverpool to win with under 2.5 goals on my 3 match bet when I meant over, so that first half was the team helping me out.  

See! :D

It’s now mathematically impossible for Man United to win the league. 

• Upvote 1

Grind it out, Salah left his shooting boots at home was too busy passing.

Liverpool are having a season where you think things like; has any team in any league ever won every game in a season? (I know there was a draw with United long ago now)

I can't even win 8 in a row on pro evo online and I've tried fucking 2245 times 

8 hours ago, bradigor said:

Top vs Bottom, shit weather, a long break... it all points towards a disjointed performance and a scrappy Norwich win. 

2-1 to Norwich. Hanley and Pukki with a late smash and grab. 

Bruv! Always with the negativity. Stop it

A relatively assured performance without two of the best players in the team starting. Once Fabinho and Mane were introduced the game changed though and it was only a matter of time before they scored.

It felt like a reserved performance from a lot of the team, the Champions League is a distraction that I reckon they'll have subconsciously been saving themselves for.

All in all, another win and another step towards meeting @bradigor for his B.Kenwright portrait. On his chest.

Was never going to be the most fluid performance after a break, but as usual the team did what they needed to do to get the points. You saw they threatened to move up through the gears a couple of times. 

It's funny watching games as you see the level of which we are judged now. If Norwich got over the half way line Tyler wet his pants. Teams are being praised for staying in a game. We have become ridiculous. 

Tyler will jizz over his own mother when Liverpool next concedes a goal, let alone lose a game.

Really hope a different commentator is on duty for the coronation of the thing that probably will actually happen (!) because when it’s late and I’m watching this season’s review for the 484th time, it’d be nice to have it soundtracked by someone with more enthusiasm than a man strapped to an electric chair reading tomorrow’s weather forecast.

Anyway, decent yesterday in average conditions off the back of a prolonged break. Norwich are a decent, but sadly doomed-looking, side, and with calmer heads could have scored a couple. But even if they had done, felt like Liverpool had another couple of gears with which to respond. Used to stress over single-goal leads but this side is so, so good at controlling games.

And Big Cup is back on Tuesday :omg:

Good news everyone, we've qualified for next season's Champions League already. :lol:

• Upvote 1

Got to laugh at the United fans saying we'll be unbearable when we win it. Errrrrrr yeah of course we will, they've spent 30 years taking the piss what do they expect? They seem to have forgotten what they were like in the 90s and 00s.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stigweard said:

Got to laugh at the United fans saying we'll be unbearable when we win it. Eeeeer yeah of course we will, they've spent 30 years taking the piss what do they expect. They seem to have forgotten what they were like in the 90s and 00s.

They're just trying to stay relevant, bless 'em, just as we were through most of the 90s. 

7th. 38 points behind the Champions of Europe. With Ole still at the wheel. :lol:

As Rafa might have said, "facts".

• Upvote 2

Scruffy goal. But should never have given away the corner in the first place. Poor from Van Dijk. 

These are going to be bastards, aren’t they?

Look totally off the boil, need this possession to settle down into a rhythm.

Good response in all fairness and finding a flow now. Trent needs to find his range soon though. 

Here come the theatrics and the ref is buying it. (Same ref who took charge of the PSG away game and bought their theatrics)