rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

After the third goal it cut to David Moyes and he looked utterly sick, amazing :lol:

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Trent Alexander-Arnold is basically a cheat code! :omg::omg::omg:

Takes fucking ages to enter though. 

• Upvote 2

I am 4 points behind the person I'm playing in head to head fantasy football. I have Mane. 

VAR is ruining this fucking sport. 

7 minutes ago, Mugman said:

I am 4 points behind the person I'm playing in head to head fantasy football. I have Mane. 

VAR is ruining this fucking sport. 

It was offside, quite clearly. How was that decision wrong. How did VAR ruin things here.

• Empathy 2

Klopp needs to get them firing again because they’ve looked out of sorts for a while and Fabianski having a shocker is the only reason Liverpool got a result. A similar performance against Athletic Madrid and Liverpool will lose.

4 minutes ago, Hamus said:

It was offside, quite clearly. How was that decision wrong. How did VAR ruin things here.

Are you a laugh?

• Empathy 1

Always knew we'd win that....:wacko:

Haha anyway, well done Liverpool, you scared us for a moment but fuck me another win, its just crazy.

Also when Noble got that yellow, I said to my wife "just need Mane to score now". A minute later he bags and so do I :D

From £0.86 cash out to £102 in a minute. 

20200224_213954.jpg

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Pockets said:

This is all your fault!

I have no influence on the football results. 

Safe to say Alexander Arnold's two game blip is certainly over, some of the balls tonight were outrageous.

Keita was a bright spot tonight, I felt everything through the middle in the West Ham half was going through him. His short passing and movement was creating difficulty for West Ham through the middle. He was unlucky to be taken off but I'm not sure Fabinho on his own against Rice and Nobel would have been sensible whilst chasing the game.

Not the best performance but the right result.

Think the team and the crowd needed to fall behind tonight, it noticeably woke both up. Before West Ham took the lead, Anfield was pretty flat. But everything changed after West Ham scored their second, with the increase in noise visibly lifting the players.

Still felt like a fortunate win, but a timely reminder what complacency can do, for both the players and those in the stands.

Some good gallows humour from the Irons’ away support; they really deserve better than the twats they have in charge of their club.

So, did we miss Henderson? I wasn’t able to actually watch the game but I’m assuming it was a factor in the initial worries.

4 hours ago, sprite said:

So, did we miss Henderson? I wasn’t able to actually watch the game but I’m assuming it was a factor in the initial worries.

I'd say definitely yes, we missed him. Until we went behind, there was very little drive from midfield. The best seemed to come from VVD, pushing out of defense. For me, it emphasised how much we rely on Hendo to get the best out of the front 3, but particularly Firmino. I feel like Firmino needs to be forced in to a game, being given the ball relentlessly, because he won't necessarily go and get it in the way that Mane and Salah will.

Saying that, we had 25 attempts on goal, with 7 on target. I think sky said 25 was the most by any team in the premier League this season so we were creating plenty of chances, just that most of them were from out wide. West ham also played very compact between the back line and midfield which meant that our usual interplay between the front 3 and midfield wasn't coming off as much.

• Upvote 1

We definitely missed him. Keita just doesn't do what Hendo does effectively at all. It wasn't till Ox came on where we really started to be more dominant in that position. Ox starts the next game over Keita for me.

My girlfriend, a Liverpool supporter, was shocked when you were losing last night. It made me wonder how many times you’ve actually been behind in a game this season, it seemed so alien to her. Does anyone know?

Remember being behind against Newcastle, Spurs and Man U. There are probably more.

Re: Liverpool losing:

Besides those games and last night, Liverpool were losing against Villa until the 87th minute, somehow wining the game. That was a pivotal turnaround given they played Man City next.

Remarkably, Wolves have been behind 18 times this season, salvaging three wins and nine draws. Norwich, Watford, West Ham and Bournemouth are the only sides not to recover any points from losing positions this season.

It feels like we have been behind in a lot of games this season, especially for a side 22 points clear and who have only dropped points once. We certainly haven't been a team who have been scoring early goals and sailing to easy wins.

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

It feels like we have been behind in a lot of games this season, especially for a side 22 points clear and who have only dropped points once. We certainly haven't been a team who have been scoring early goals and sailing to easy wins.

Been pegged back in three league games (before winning), genuinely thought it was more.

This side isn’t a swashbuckling one, nor is it a particularly defensive one, although it can do both. In the league Klopp has found a near perfect balance of control, attack, defence, with notable periods within games where all three are deployed.

Sometimes watch the team and think of Ali’s old rope-a-dope tactic. This Liverpool side has a remarkably - for modern Liverpool sides - unwavering belief in its abilities, and often looks content to play in a lower gear, absorbing pressure before somehow moving up through them to a higher level for measured bursts of dominance.

Also, while in previous years there’s been a good, sometimes great first team, that’s been offset by a drop in quality on the bench. Now, in games like last night where Keita was not having a huge impact, Oxlaide-Chamberlain came on and gave the team much more drive in midfield (somewhat aided by Soucek going off 10 minutes before).

With Klopp signing the extension until 2024, I’m fascinated to see how this squad will be evolved. Will Mané leave for crazy money but  facilitate an overhaul? Will Klopp be able to maintain the lack of egos in the dressing room as success grows? Will Curtis Jones have the impact many suggest he might?

In the meantime, just going to sit back and smile at how wonderfully balanced this side is and dream about a number one more than 18...

• Upvote 1

17/18 season when that Buvac guy was around was actually better football, won loads of games 4,5 or 6, few 7s I think as well, not as successful then though obviously 

No point playing at 100mph all the time. Sure you win more games by four or more goals but the side burns itself out more, will pick up more injuries and be less fit as the fixtures pile up. No point smashing teams then dropping points soon after. 

There’s a balance that this side has almost mastered that we should appreciate. The ability to control games, to size up the opposition before moving up the required gears. It’s excellent game management which is far more difficult and challenging to implement then bursting out of the blocks at full pelt. This team knows that all that matters is the three points. I don’t think I’ve seen a side that’s able to manage their own game so well. 

• Upvote 4