rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

I'm starting to doubt it'll even come back. If it does, we'll win the game and then it'll all get cancelled with us needing just one more win.

11 hours ago, Pockets said:

I'm starting to doubt it'll even come back. If it does, we'll win the game and then it'll all get cancelled with us needing just one more win.

What is your reasoning though?

I thought he was someone Klopp wanted to sign but Chelsea have activated his release clause and it looks like he's going there. A shame because we still need backup for the front three.

Announce Mbappe!

Bit of a shock to be honest as thought he was a cert to join us. Ah well, c’est la vie.

It is nostalgic having a player Liverpool are interested in sign for Chelsea which seemed to happen all the time a few years ago. Assuming they don’t have anyone else lined up this means Minamino and Elliot as the main backups with Oxlaide Chamberlain filling in occasionally as well.

Kai Havertz has been rumoured for a while, maybe Klopp has opted for him instead.

I do hope the club aren't shying away from signing players. Strengthening is required to continue the progress they have made over the last couple of years.

10 hours ago, Adrock said:

I do hope the club aren't shying away from signing players. Strengthening is required to continue the progress they have made over the last couple of years.

Aye, don’t think the club can go two straight summers without signings to bolster the squad. While major change isn’t required, Werner appeared a good fit, was supposedly wanted by Klopp and was relatively low-priced versus other options.

On 01/06/2020 at 10:53, dizogg said:

What is your reasoning though?

Just the past 30 years. That and the UK numbers are still pretty bad. 

Re signings. I think Havertz would be a better signing than Werner. Not too keen on Mbappe unless his attitude’s right but all that time hanging with Neymar suggests it’s not from what I’ve heard previously. 

Bit shocked at Werner going to Chelsea. Rumours that we pulled our interest due to wage expectations as Chelsea were offering 50k more than mane is on. If it's true, I can completely understand us pulling out, even if the transfer fee was a bargain.

1 hour ago, BeeJay said:

Bit shocked at Werner going to Chelsea. Rumours that we pulled our interest due to wage expectations as Chelsea were offering 50k more than mane is on. If it's true, I can completely understand us pulling out, even if the transfer fee was a bargain.

Also since seen the agent fees were in excess of €12m. With the upcoming development to Anfield Road and the new Kirkby training facility probably need the first Nike cheque before a major transfer arrives.

The squad is as good as it’s probably ever been, just needs a little more depth in certain areas. There are the likes of Curtis Jones ready to break through to the senior squad though, so more reasons to be optimistic :)

Guess I’m just a bit anxious the club doesn’t squander an opportunity to create a bit of a dynasty, especially as our main rivals are pretty much all in transition (City’s future pending their upcoming court case)

I can't see us signing anyone this summer just because all the money's fucked. Lallana and Clyne are definitely leaving, so I'd expect Williams and Jones to step up and replace them, and Shaqiri and Lovren might leave, in which case Wilson is a ready made replacement for Shaq at least. No major outgoings though, because like us, nobody will be throwing mega bucks around this summer.

If we're talking signings though, I'd love Brandt. I think he could fit into any position in our front 3, although the system would have to change slightly if he replaces either Mane or Salah to allow him and Firmino to drop deeper, with the other playing as a striker.

Don't forget we also have Minamino to get going, which the down time could well have helped with. 

5 hours ago, Pockets said:

Just the past 30 years. That and the UK numbers are still pretty bad. 

Re signings. I think Havertz would be a better signing than Werner. Not too keen on Mbappe unless his attitude’s right but all that time hanging with Neymar suggests it’s not from what I’ve heard previously. 

We won’t be getting Havertz and we definitely won’t be getting Mbappe :lol:

44 minutes ago, dizogg said:

But what you’re really saying is, there’s a chance ;)

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, dizogg said:

Mbappe always seemed unlikely to me too but people keep talking. 

Havertz is possible I think. Perhaps unlikely too, but at least he would ‘fit’. 

I’m feeling positive going forward. No cup competitions means once the title is wrapped up Klopp can start trying out players and formations for next season and with international football cancelled for the foreseeable future Mane and Salam will actually get a proper rest with normal training for the first time in years. 

• Upvote 1

Merseyside derby gets the go-ahead to be at Goodison.

Will be surreal without the usual intensity, hopefully that will negate any positive effect Ancelotti might have (seeing as he has a decent record Vs Klopp)

The latest Totally Football Show (ep: Classic Embarrassing Move) revisits the 2005 Champions League campaign. Just in case anyone hasn’t recently grinned at the sheer audacity of it all.

Well, at least we know why we got knocked out this year. Istanbul isn't hosting the 2020 final for sure, but is back for the 2021 Final, so we'll just have to win that one. 

• Upvote 1

I see BBC's gossip column is suggesting Keita might be off (doesn't say if on loan or permanent). He's never managed to nail-down a first-team place but he's still young so I'd be surprised if it was a transfer. Anybody heard anything else?

In terms of players coming in, the team definitely needs some new blood to build on this season, especially if Mane does disappear to Madrid (that rumour keeps popping up from time to time). Are there any rumblings that have a kernel of truth to them about incomings?

ANNOUNCE MBAPPE!

(I know, I know, it’s just my favourite current LFC meme besides the Spanish Pigeon song)

I quite like Keita but he doesn’t seem to have fitted in as well as you might hope - doesn’t seem to be part of the team really. 

I don’t think there seems to be anything wrong with him but it does seem Klopp values players fitting with the squad more highly than anything which is also why I don’t think Mbappe would happen even if it was a possibility. 

Rhian Brewster has two for Swansea so far against Boro. 

Mbappe won't happen because he'd cost the best part of €180m and has supposedly got a pre-agreement with Real Madrid inked into his PSG contract.

6 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Rhian Brewster has two for Swansea so far against Boro. 

ANNOUNCE BREWSTER!

• Upvote 2