Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

Just now, Pockets said:

Bit flight pathy innit. 

Wouldn't surprise me if a couple of local lads have knicked a helicopter to watch it. 

• Upvote 1

So far it looks like the Everton plan is to not concede and hope for a counter. We need to get our front players into the game a bit more, none of them doing much other than working hard at the moment. Mane doesn't look to be in this one at all so far.

:lol:

The team are lacking rhythm, which is expected, but I don't think the changes are helping. 

Edit: it feels a bit like the Watford game. 

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Mike Dean doing his best to boost the economy by buying everything Everton are selling so far. 

To be absolutely fair to Mane, who I criticised above, Dean is basically allowing Everton to do whatever they like to stop him.

Poetry in motion.

If the poetry was written by a lovesick teenager that’s listened to one too many Coldplay albums.

Standard away derby with the added caveat of hardly anyone looking match sharp. Still much the better team, without really being that good.

This has been a poor game and we don't deserve the points as our possession hasn't led to lots of chances (and no real good ones.) 

Whilst that's true, it's still been disappointing. I don't think anybody was expecting a goal-fest but the set-up was quite conservative from the start.

Never understand why, after a player’s had two half decent FK attempts, you’d then let someone else take the third. If ‘sight-finding’ is a thing, which I’m dubious about but still, then surely letting that guy keep trying is better. I could understand if his first couple were shit but Trent’s were okay. 

• gospvg changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20