Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

I wonder why the club went for him so soon after making an offer to Norwich for Jamal Lewis. Apparently both the club and player are baffled as Liverpool made an opening offer of £10m and Norwich sent back a counter offer as you do, and soon after the club announce this transfer. A very last minute switch in targets unless Jamal Lewis was in fact plan B and we’ve been after this fella all along. 

Maybe the counter offer was completely ludicrous and Liverpool decided against wasting time negotiating when they were so far apart and potentially miss out on Tsimikas too.

Tsimikas was attracting interest from a few clubs so the longer they waited the more likely he'd have moved elsewhere, that would have placed Liverpool in a difficult position.

They likely put bids in for both players - say £10m as an opening gambit. Norwich said no, we want £15m. Olympiakos said no, we want £12m. Easy to see then which deal would have been quicker to complete I guess.

7 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

I wonder why the club went for him so soon after making an offer to Norwich for Jamal Lewis. Apparently both the club and player are baffled as Liverpool made an opening offer of £10m and Norwich sent back a counter offer as you do, and soon after the club announce this transfer. A very last minute switch in targets unless Jamal Lewis was in fact plan B and we’ve been after this fella all along. 

This is good for us long term. We're not here to play silly buggers like Man Utd, and eventually pay what you want. We make what we see as a fair offer and if you want over the odds then just walk away. We're not going to be held to ransom over a back up left back!

Hopefully Bayern win the CL this season so Barcelona have to pay us the €5m CL success bonus from the Coutinho transfer.

I don't like the away kit at all but then I'm not a fan of teal kits. The inevitable orange version as a third kit in a couple of years time will look better. 

On 13/08/2020 at 11:04, dizogg said:

This is good for us long term. We're not here to play silly buggers like Man Utd, and eventually pay what you want. We make what we see as a fair offer and if you want over the odds then just walk away. We're not going to be held to ransom over a back up left back!

Apparently dizogg's on the Board at Anfield after being banned for being a doughnut on here.

17 minutes ago, JamesTW said:

Im not sure ryodi, do we want Bayern to match our 6?

I don’t care about total won especially when Real are so far ahead. As long as PSG stay on zero I’ll be happy but Bayern have been great this season and played the best football in this mini tournament so I think they’d deserve to win it.

1 hour ago, disperse and recoagulate said:

Over 10 points from those and we're gold.

Given the standards set the last couple of seasons, we need to be looking at getting 13 from that lot, at least.

I work in Leeds, so that first game is a bit tasty. Only problem is I'm working from home, so I won't be walking in with a big shit eating grin on my face when we stuff them.

Based on his tweet, are Leeds fielding 3 teams against us? Seems a bit unfair. Apparently we're also playing West Ham at home twice :P

Bit of a spicy start then, isn't it?

Three tough away trips all without supporters. Lovely stuff. Partial crowd back in to watch us stuff City, Everton and United at Anfield in 2021.

Title retained by April. Easy money.

Oh Lovren you cheeky little scamp:

https://www.egypttoday.com/Article/8/90995/I-hit-Ramos-for-what-he-did-with-Salah-Lovren

"Lovren said, in an interview he had with Egyptian TV channel Sada El Balad, about the incident: "I deliberately hit Ramos after hurting Salah? Yes, this is possible. 

Regarding Salah's reaction to his beating of Ramos, Lovren said: "I will not tell you, but he laughed."

It's possible to watch the friendly today on LFCTV GO, which is £5 a month to subscribe. However, you can get a month free by using 2021GOFREE during sign-up, which is what I've done. I'll doubtless forget to cancel, but it won't kill me if I do, and I'll get to see all the friendlies anyway. Good deal!

Sunday. BBC Two. 9pm. Have a bang on this:

The 30-Year Wait will be narrated by Liverpool fan Jason Isaacs, and tells the story of Liverpool's three-decade-long hunt for England's top-flight trophy – from the Anfield outfit's '90s angst through to European glory and Klopp's transformative arrival.

Will be way more exciting than the glorified friendly with Arsenal later today (runs out and sticks a quid on a 4-3 scoreline just in case)