Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

It's weird isn't it. I can only assume it's Werner's massive wages that stopped that transfer from happening, Jota is nearly as expensive but I imagine won't be on £200k a week. 

The club is also selling off a few fringe players to fund incoming players. Brewster and Hoever moving for around £35m to sign Thiago and Jota means Michael Edwards deserves his Christmas bonus. I imagine he'll spend it on a new car, but only after trading in his old one.

Jota is a smart purchase I think.  It'll be a structured deal for a proven premier League player who is still only 23 and one who has played with wolves in Europe.  Watford weren't going to take a loss on Sarr.

Another centre back wouldn't go a miss now though as ki Jann hoever was one of the few CB cover options we had.  

I can only imagine that deals to move on players like Grujic and Wilson will be in place in the next week or so.

I don't think klopp has any plans for shaquiri so we'll be looking for suitors for him but it'll depend on if he wants to leave and to where.

Origi I like for his crucial goals but he just doesn't perform at a high level regularly enough to look like actually breaking into the team.  He's a squad sub and if he accepts that he would probably be a useful player as well as it'll be a condensed 60 odd games this year and with at least 2 big international tournament the end of next year could well be a busy 2 years.  There will likely need to be extra squad depth over the next 18 months to cover all the additional games.

Kota is a surprising signing and that’s a big transfer fee but he’s a proven goal scorer and offers something different to the main three. Does Hoever going in the opposite direction make Wolves the replacement for Bournemouth when it comes to offloading young players for a lot of money?

1 hour ago, ryodi said:

Kota is a surprising signing and that’s a big transfer fee but he’s a proven goal scorer and offers something different to the main three. Does Hoever going in the opposite direction make Wolves the replacement for Bournemouth when it comes to offloading young players for a lot of money?

What? That came from nowhere. Was there any hint of that transfer? This is literally the first I've heard of it and it’s basically complete. 

5 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Has to be a red card! Surprised this even went to VAR.

Agree don’t know why they ask the ref to check the monitor.

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad the right decision was reached. I'm saying the ref should have given the red to begin with, because it was utterly crystal clear. But, that's 2 today where they have overturned their own yellows, so if this how it goes from now on I'll take it.

Wonder how we'll make use of the extra man? Time for Thiago?

EDIT: YES!