Liverpool Football Club Thread - Champions 19/20

Just now, Adrock said:

Getting the ball doesn't preclude you from committing a foul. It was a stupid challenge.

Why? Hes not coming through the back of him. That was a fucking ridiculous decision. VAR is a fucking joke when the people manning it are useless.

20201024_201741.jpg

They had three reasonable shouts for penalties, I thought, so it's difficult to complain too much that they got one of them. We were very poor - I don't know what exactly our formation is supposed to be but it's definitely not working. SU absolutely deserved to be level at the end of that half.

Just now, hmm said:

They had three reasonable shouts for penalties, I thought, so it's difficult to complain too much that they got one of them. We were very poor - I don't know what exactly our formation is supposed to be but it's definitely not working. SU absolutely deserved to be level at the end of that half.

The tackle that wasn't in the box

The handball that was ball to hand. Blasted from 5 yards way. They relaxed that rule.

The Jota challenge where he didn't touch him.

Come on now, none of them are penalties.

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

only watched the highlights on MOTD, good to see Alison back did Gomez have a good game?

He did on the whole. His stats:

94% Pass accuracy
12/12 Accurate long passes
5/7 Ground duels won
6/13 Aerial duels won
8 Clearances
2 Interceptions

Van Dijk’s aerial presence is the most glaring absence at the minute but the defence hadn’t looked watertight recently even with the big man.

Will take some settling down but already look like the side is playing a bit deeper. Thiago will be pivotal as a deep-lying playmaker when he’s back. Possession was 62% last night - with Thiago’s passing range, that sort of number should mean even more incision.

As Klopp said, if you can't compete with the big striker let him win the header but make sure you're winning the knock downs. Which is what the team did infinitely better in the second half. That is the approach they'll need to take whilst without Van Dijk.

It's indicative of this bizarro-season that we've had a shaky start, have been riddled with injuries, got humped 7-2 by Villa and are still ahead of Man City and joint top of the table. I don't know if the bookies are going to implode or explode this season.

22 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Decent looking bench. 

Hopefully we will not need to use them much and the starting front three can get the goals

Andy Robertson is quickly regressing as a footballer. 90% of the time if he’s given the ball he’ll either twat it forward hoping someone will control it, or pass it back to the centre back. I think it’s down to how reliant he is on his left foot, he seems scared to play the ball with his right.