IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Darwin’s Evolution Begins

glb

A frustrating game. Tottenham had, by a distance, the best chances and had we lost that I don't think anybody could complain. But to be 2-1 up, then gifting an equaliser - then seeing the red card, well, it feels like a defeat regardless. Good weekend for City then.

That was the worst refereeing performance I think I've seen all season. It really does raise the question of what VAR is even for? They rightly get the ref to go revisit his card against Robertson, but ignore Kane's leg-breaker and the blatant shove on Jota. I will strangle the next fuck that I hear call us LiVARpool.

It’s the inconsistency that’s so infuriating. On the balance of chances it should have been a home win, so a draw doesn’t feel too bad. Yet seeing Robertson’s yellow upgraded for a red when Kane should have been off with less than a quarter of the game gone is unfathomable.

We were pretty bad today, our makeshift midfield was tailor-made for them to just waltz through on the counter, but even so, the defence hardly covered themselves with glory. We deserved to lose, so it's very much a point gained rather than 2 points lost, but it feels so much worse because the ref completely shat the bed. 

In any case, I think that might be the last football we see for a while. I can't believe this weekend's games went ahead, but surely now someone needs to step in and stop things getting worse. Spurs have only just got over their covid worries, but they might have been dragged back into it having played a team struggling themselves now - not to mention we've just sent thousands of fans into the worst affected region in the country.

18 minutes ago, reef said:

Yeah sorry, drunken fingers combined with auto correct on the iPhone make forum posts a wild ride at times.

I just want to say, with it being almost Christmas and all, this year has been a particularly tough one for me personally and while I don’t post in this thread very often, I always read and appreciate all of the efforts and contributions from so many of you, week in and week out. I just want to say a massive thanks for all you have done keeping this thread going with the jokes, passion, tears and triumphs. You may never know how much your posts have carried me through the difficult times this year. Thanks from the very bottom of my heart, have a wonderful Christmas and here’s to a very golden sky for each and every one one of us in 2022. 

YNWA :hug: 

It counts for nothing, but I'm glad Redknapp at least acknowledged Kane probably got a bit of help because he was England captain, because it was a shocking challenge in real-time, let alone slowed-down.

Hes a great player (perhaps not so much this season, lol) but I do have a dislike of him as a person. 

Paul Tierney is regularly one of the worst refs in the league and the general standards is just above faecal matter and below scum.

Officials in elite sports are just garbage at best, most likely corrupt.

Merry Christmas! 

4 hours ago, reef said:

Yeah sorry, drunken fingers combined with auto correct on the iPhone make forum posts a wild ride at times.

I just want to say, with it being almost Christmas and all, this year has been a particularly tough one for me personally and while I don’t post in this thread very often, I always read and appreciate all of the efforts and contributions from so many of you, week in and week out. I just want to say a massive thanks for all you have done keeping this thread going with the jokes, passion, tears and triumphs. You may never know how much your posts have carried me through the difficult times this year. Thanks from the very bottom of my heart, have a wonderful Christmas and here’s to a very golden sky for each and every one one of us in 2022. 

I hear you, 2021 can definitely fuck right off. Take care mate.

33 minutes ago, Azrael said:

#Full strength team out tonight...

.. against our random selection of players. Can't blame Klopp when fixtures are so packed but I still wouldn't mind winning the Diddy Cup again sometime. 

The team (and bench) was stronger against Porto which didn't mean anything

24 minutes ago, JamesTW said:

The team (and bench) was stronger against Porto which didn't mean anything

I'm sure Klopp said something about a 3m bonus for winning a Champion's League match. It meant a lot more than the Carabao Cup economically.

Also wasn't in the midst of a COVID surge.

4 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Morton has really struggled in the sitting role in this and the last game. He is highly regarded so hopefully the experience will serve him well because he has cost the team.

Morton needs some help, or he may suffer long-term with confidence after these 2 matches. Henderson is playing a very forward looking role tonight, maybe pull him back a little to offer some protection.

I'm not sure the Liverpool system can accommodate two sitting. The press from the front isn't good enough and they're waltzing through.

Minamino and Williams simply can't commit to the press like Mane and Salah, which is understandable. Those two are right at the top when it comes to pressing.

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread - Darwin’s Evolution Begins