IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread - Darwin’s Evolution Begins

glb

As much as that cunt Tyler tried to will it otherwise we got the job done. Still don't expect Villa to do anything and we'll probably lose to a Coady screamer.

To take the title race to the last day of the season when 14 points adrift in January, while also reaching all three finals is a monumental effort from this squad.

Might finish with two trophies, might end up with four but whatever happens between now and the end of May, this has been a sensational season.

Never known a season like it. Even the treble season and getting a last day third of nothing compared to this and that was amazing.

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

Yeah this team should get over the line. The City draw instead of loss turned this into 'just win' instead of 'win and overturn GD' 

It was a just win in the end.

Just seen the quick highlights and can see why the Southampton goal wasn't overturned, it was some time after the foul that they scored and there is precedence (remember the Man Utd goal vs us in the 1-1 draw?) 

And how depressed did Tyler sound when we equalised, goodness! 

There was one point where the comment from Pep about everyone being a Liverpool fan was mentioned and Tyler sounded furious and was quick to jump in there to confirm it wasn't true for him. Sounded gutted that he couldn't announce City as champions yet. 

I don't think Tyler is anti-Liverpool, pro-City, he is just bad at his job. I haven't heard any fan praise him in years. Part of the selling point of Sky was that they had the best football coverage and I don't think you could say that anymore because of Tyler in particular. 

A few of my mates have gone down the dodgy box route and while they've mentioned missing Carragher and Neville's analysis none of them miss Tyler. One lad watches some African stream regularly where he doesn't understand a word of what the commentator is saying but at least they get excited when something big happens which is more than Tyler does now. He is basically Colin Robinson off What we do in the Shadows. 

Yeah I don’t think he’s anti Liverpool particularly but obviously it’s more exciting when Southampton score against us than us scoring, but he needs to get over that and just commentate the game instead of constantly trying to build “narrative”. He’s outstayed his welcome now and they need someone fresher.

He says lots of thing to try and sound clever and funny but it’s like sitting with someone’s boring smart arse uncle. 

That reminds me of how Mark Lawrenson went in his later years with the BBC. Perhaps eventually for a lot of people, having to watch fucking loads of football gets too boring to pretend you're still really into it.

45 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Yeah I don’t think he’s anti Liverpool particularly but obviously it’s more exciting when Southampton score against us than us scoring, but he needs to get over that and just commentate the game instead of constantly trying to build “narrative”. He’s outstayed his welcome now and they need someone fresher.

He says lots of thing to try and sound clever and funny but it’s like sitting with someone’s boring smart arse uncle. 

I would tend to agree, I think he sounds like he's been told somebody shat on his favourite dinner in a lot of his commentaries these days, not just with Liverpool.

He still does that tedious "and it's live" shite before every game, as if anyone gives a fuck about his shitty little catchphrase. 

His interview with Aguero at the end of last season was pure nonsense as well, he kept banging on about his own commentary and how great it was, as if anyone remembers whatever it was he said when Aguero won the league with the last kick of the season. He even had the gall to present Aguero with his notes from the game which he'd had framed - I hope Aguero chucked them straight in a skip.

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread - Darwin’s Evolution Begins