Liverpool Football Club Thread - Home of the Curlett Cup Winners

But, your honour, the security footage clearly shows the victim accidentally knocking my client after he was strangling the victim so, I mean, if anything, they should be penalised. 

Great performance today, Arnold played very well & Bobby/Thiago. Mane always a menace could and should have scored more.

Thanks Jose.

That was sooooo much better. More of that please Liverpool, let's leave the last month behind us.

The disallowed goal was BS, he's getting manhandled and it goes from Diers arm to Bobby's (paging Gotters). But fuck it, Sadio finished it off for us anyway.

COME ON.

Much better indeed. Spurs were pretty poor, kind of embarrassing for them to play so conservatively with the front line they have.

A few players that looked off the pace recently turned up tonight. TAA with his best performance in months.

Still issues for Liverpool with the continued need for back line adjustments meaning the midfield control shown tonight won’t always be as convincing for the rest of the season. But been far too much negativity recently, so will park that for another time. Big win, and a big lift before playing West Ham on Sunday :)

Go out and make a statement signing (Upemecanco? Konate?... Lovren?) and we can get a run going to win the title, but leave the defense patched up and we settle for best of the rest I reckon.

Just seen the Bobby VAR farce. Funny thing is that I can see how VAR comes to that decision, which also evidences how completely broken the use of the technology is. What I still don't understand is why the law makers haven't ever watched a rugby union match in their life before and learnt from their use of the technology. In rugby, the use of the technology would clearly have decided that if the decision was a handball by Bobby, which dissallows the goal, then  therefore the first offence is given, which in this case could either be the Dier handball or the Dier bear hug. A decision to award a free kick to Spurs is the most broken thing about the whole incident.

52 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Ankle ligament damage for Matip, could be a while. Surely they're looking for someone short term to shore up the back.

All centre backs out for the season. Who’d have thought we’d be at a situation where we’d regret selling Lovren? Personally I’d write off Matip, at best he should be third choice, solid player but he’s just made of glass and can’t be relied upon. 

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread - Home of the Curlett Cup Winners