Liverpool Football Club Thread - Home of the Curlett Cup Winners

Why even bother with VAR?To be honest from the first look I thought it was a penalty.. It looked a penalty without the replays. The replays show that it wasn't one. Fair enough. But why would you let the ref run to the screen, having him not even look at it and then decide that it's still a pen when it isn't???

That was not a pen but makes no difference we were never likely to score. Klopp needs to find an answer fast or we are not getting top four.

Lesson learned,  if a defenders on the ground in the box run into him and it’s a penalty. If that was a penalty it should have been a red card for stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity.

12 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Lesson learned,  if a defenders on the ground in the box run into him and it’s a penalty. If that was a penalty it should have been a red card for stopping a clear goal scoring opportunity.

At least following that recommendation would make salah’s diving more convincing.

At least this season we'll have added to our record of being top at Christmas and not winning the title, plus losing (at least) 4 home games in a row for the first time in nearly 100 years!

I'll say once again that I really don't think Klopp knows what Plan B is with this squad and he's not got the answers to the current malaise. It's really disheartening to watch and yet even though we've lost more games this season than the previous 3 combined (I think?), we're still only 3 points off 4th (until West Ham play, at least). Not that I think this team, right now, would get 4th. So devoid of ideas all over the pitch and a real lack of goals across the squad, Salah excepted.

At least Allison didn't gift a goal today and we conceded half as many as we did vs Man City, so, progress? :lol:

3 hours ago, gospvg said:

That was not a pen but makes no difference we were never likely to score. Klopp needs to find an answer fast or we are not getting top four.

Only just seen the penalty as I missed the last 10minutes.  Did he not get the shot awat and then run over TAA while he was on the floor (facing the other way) to get a penalty? How bizarre.

We were poor again though, lacking confidence in so many areas it seems.

4 hours ago, neoELITE said:

e3a5e132f961fbc44d45d42607f6b397.jpg.2278981a90844e655d6a6be4bbbbf702.jpg

Oh noes Jordo. Watt Haz happening!?

4 hours ago, neoELITE said:

:bye:

Just enjoying the season.

You're no Man Utd with Fergie at the helm for sure. 

:omg:

I'm going to tell you once. This stuff goes in the general football thread, not in the club threads. 

I see the rumours of Sancho and Mbappe and all sorts of other are flying again. 

I know it’s all just bullshit but I find it surprising that when we’ve won the PL and CL you see less of this shit but when it seem like we’ll be playing UEFA cup football next year, suddenly we’re meant to be in the running for all these names. 

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread - Home of the Curlett Cup Winners