Liverpool Football Club Thread - Home of the Curlett Cup Winners

Missing Firmino massively, for the first goal Kroos stands with all the time and space in the world to pick his pass.

The game also passed Keita by. Two big selection calls from Klopp and they were wrong. Firmino is absolutely key to the way the team operate still, more so when you're setting up defensively with a three man midfield like he did. None of them stepped out to pick up Kroos.

Urgh. I take back my comment about us not playing too badly, it's all gone to shit. I can't see it bringing us back into it tonight, but we need Firmino on just to give us some sort of presence in the middle and help retain possession to stop it getting any worse.

I like Keita, even tonight he had a couple of decent runs at them, but when he keeps getting injured it's hard to keep faith in him. If the thinking was to get in and around their aging midfield, Jones would have been a better choice.

Phillips and Kabak have been exposed tonight. The Real midfield are clearly miles better than the Liverpool midfield and that has created time and space to create pressure that has told.

Vinicius is making Phillips look like a World War 2 tank!  We really haven't turned up today apart from the first part of the second half.  If it stays like this we still have hope though.

That was a tough watch yesterday, we were dreadful first half, so many errors and bad passes. Played better after they got a rollocking by Klopp but at 3-1 down I think the tie is over without the fans we have been poor at Anfield. Only positive is we can now fully focus on trying to get back into the top four.