Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

By the by... Anyone who wonders why Klopp is ALWAYS talking and pointing out the little things to officials, that is why. 

The best coaches always do it, Ferguson was a master of it too but did it in different ways. 

I've never had the physical ability but the coaching side of the game is my jam. 

Elliott is a starter now even with all players fit. 

Fabinho, Thiago, Elliott, all starters with options off the bench in Carvalho, Jones, Milner, Henderson, etc based on the scenario. 

Although interesting Klopp comments about Henderson. Really has hamstring issue? Or a way to prompt a bit of action in the market tomorrow?

Yep, should be decent cover (or first choice the way injuries are going)

Inevitably, some sections of LFC Twitter is having a meltdown, which is quite enjoyable to read. I’ll trust our scouting team over them :lol:

31 minutes ago, glb said:

Yep, should be decent cover (or first choice the way injuries are going)

Inevitably, some sections of LFC Twitter is having a meltdown, which is quite enjoyable to read. I’ll trust our scouting team over them :lol:

30 minutes ago, SMD said:

Arthur Melo is...not good

Sorry I love you both but that was perfect timing 

I can't think that I've ever seen him play, but if my Football Manager save from a few years ago is accurate, then by now he is the best midfielder in the world and he will absolutely dominate the Premier League. 

In reality, it seems like a sensible move assuming we're going in for Bellingham next year and we just need someone short term to plug the gap. I'd rather have someone in permanently however, given that Keita, Milner and the Ox are all due to leave next summer and we could feasibly be looking short again this time next year. 

It is a bit of a joke that PL runners up and CL Finalists have left it to deadline day to bring in a player we need to an area we're lacking in, and then that player is Arthur, on a loan. Feels like that Sahin transfer, hopefully more successful than that. 

50 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Feels like that Sahin transfer, hopefully more successful than that. 

Wow, Nuri Sahin! Completely forgot about him. Feel like going down a Wikipedia rabbit hole of players I can barely remember like Jan Kromkamp and Josemi.

Derby day tomorrow! Anyone feeling confident?

Probably would be more so if it was at home. Wednesday’s late winner should give the squad a boost, and a few more players have returned to training, but still worried about our midfield, and the weaknesses that spread from there.

Suspect it will be a very bitty, frustrating game, so maybe Wednesday will also prove a good dress rehearsal. We’ve conceded first in eight of our last nine games now. Not doing that again would be nice.

Darwin to malky Prickford, breaking his nose. Then doing the same to Lampard when going down the tunnel. 

(My phone autocorrects Pickford to Prickford and I'm ok with that)

Im always wary of lunchtime kick offs and against Everton it’s going to time wasting as bad as Newcastle with them also kicking our players all over the pitch. I expect a 1-1 draw with Everton scoring first,

1-3. We'll give Everton a goal, as per usual, then go on to hammer them before it gets testy and 2 red cards are dished out.

Also....Trent will be skinned by their winger time and time again, although is it really his fault the way Klopp wants him to push forward so much🤔

They'll start time-wasting from about 20 minutes, we'll take the lead on 80 minutes, quickly followed by a second, with Alisson getting the biggest cheer of the game by doing his piss taking impression of Pickford falling on the ball again.

9 hours ago, Adrock said:

Missing the game tomorrow 😑

First I won't be watching in a few years. Not happy with my missus.

Same. Off to the museum as our little girls Saturday performance arts club thing starts again next weekend so it’s the last Saturday we can do something. 
At least with the derby on it’ll be quiet in there I guess.  

10 hours ago, Keiths_Dad said:

They'll start time-wasting from about 20 minutes, we'll take the lead on 80 minutes, quickly followed by a second, with Alisson getting the biggest cheer of the game by doing his piss taking impression of Pickford falling on the ball again.

Newcastle was the first game that extracted all of the fun out of watching football for me after all these years. Time wasting in other games never detracted from the enjoyment to the point Newcastle reached.

I know Everton were bad last season but I think I'll stop watching if it becomes a drain on my enjoyment, like Wednesday.