Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

1 hour ago, SMD said:

i just don't understand why it's coming out now when it was clear at the end of last season... did they really think they'd papered over the cracks?

I think it's much more clear now - the results weren't great at the end of last season, but we still came unbelievably close to winning everything and the same system worked impeccably up until that point. Personally, I thought the summer break was all that was needed for a recharge and we'd go again. Even when we didn't, there was the injury crisis masking what's actually going wrong, but it's obvious now we need a new system to lift us out of this.

I think Klopp's weakness is that he's not been pragmatic enough to change things up - even when plan A isn't working, there's never been a plan B to revert to. I agree it's a bit late coming, but I'm at least glad Klopp has acknowledged the need for change publicly.

3 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I think it's much more clear now - the results weren't great at the end of last season, but we still came unbelievably close to winning everything and the same system worked impeccably up until that point. Personally, I thought the summer break was all that was needed for a recharge and we'd go again. Even when we didn't, there was the injury crisis masking what's actually going wrong, but it's obvious now we need a new system to lift us out of this.

I think Klopp's weakness is that he's not been pragmatic enough to change things up - even when plan A isn't working, there's never been a plan B to revert to. I agree it's a bit late coming, but I'm at least glad Klopp has acknowledged the need for change publicly.

The squad had momentum even if individual players didn't, we certainly weren't at our best during the final stretch.

Wijnaldum leaving wasn't the issue, signing Thiago wasn't the issue, it was replacing a player who could play every game with one who'd likely only be fit for 1 in 3 matches.

Keep banging this drum but playing 3 in the middle with 9 squad players, a third of whom are almost always injured is no way to plan for a successful season.

7 minutes ago, Keiths_Dad said:

I've said this before (a few seasons ago) that we had no plan A, it was fortunate that obviously plan A worked most of the time.

But as I've said a few times this season, Nunez coming in seems to not have triggered any change to things and it isn't working and the midfield most definitely isn't working, however good Elliott has been. I think there needs to be some quite aggressive changes to tactics but when nearly all of the team is out of form, I'm not sure how successful that will be.

Look again at the run of games we have coming up - where do you think we are getting points the way they are currently playing?

11 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I've said this before (a few seasons ago) that we had no plan A, it was fortunate that obviously plan A worked most of the time.

But as I've said a few times this season, Nunez coming in seems to not have triggered any change to things and it isn't working and the midfield most definitely isn't working, however good Elliott has been. I think there needs to be some quite aggressive changes to tactics but when nearly all of the team is out of form, I'm not sure how successful that will be.

Look again at the run of games we have coming up - where do you think we are getting points the way they are currently playing?

We seem to be better without a break playing twice a week, so I expect a good run until the international break in two weeks. 

Down time wrecks us for some reason.

You guys are a little bit victims of your own success, you reached the final stages of most competitions so are playing a huge amount of games but also with the way you keep chasing down City it means that every game is like a cup final so what would be an adequate squad normally, isnt.

9 minutes ago, Adrock said:

Alexander Arnold is really struggling, everything else has been good so far. It's a shame there isn't a quality back up for him to give him some time out.

Announce Jimenez Malner, who definitely isn’t James Milner with a ‘tach.