Jump to content

Liverpool Football Club Thread


glb
 Share

Recommended Posts

Sporting Director Julian Ward has quit

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/24/liverpool-shocked-by-julian-ward-decision-to-quit-as-sporting-director

 

Quote

 

Liverpool’s sporting director, Julian Ward, has decided to leave the club at the end of the season, only months after replacing Michael Edwards in the post.

Ward officially succeeded the influential Edwards in the summer after being promoted from assistant sporting director, although he led Liverpool’s recruitment of Luis Díaz and Darwin Núñez before then while operating in a transitional leadership role.

 


Director of Research Ian Graham has resigned as well and will leave at the end of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Sporting Director Julian Ward has quit

 

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/nov/24/liverpool-shocked-by-julian-ward-decision-to-quit-as-sporting-director

 


Director of Research Ian Graham has resigned as well and will leave at the end of the season.

 

Handed in his notice after he asked what the January and summer budget is only to be met with confused laughter and claims of "I'm losing you... losing... going into a tunnel... call you b-"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, bradigor said:

Tough tie that but at least it's at home.


Yeah, not the most inspiring against another Premier League side but a home draw is all I really care about. Suspect we’ll play a mix of squad players and U23s anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Azrael said:

Looks like Darwin will likely be home pretty early from the World Cup which will be good. 

He’s been absolutely terrible. I saw someone refer to him as Portugal’s best defender because he broke down so many Uruguay attacks.

 

Was probably even worse in the game against Korea too. Laughably bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's been the single worst series of performances by any player in the history of football. I heard he burned down an orphanage at half time against Korea and strangled Suarez to death in stoppage time before pissing all over the Uruguayan supporters. HYSTERICALLY BAD. 

 

I don't particularly care how he does for Uruguay as long as he brings his brand of defense terrifying madness and sheer unbridled chaos back to our games. The goals and goal contributions have been welcome too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Would love Bellingham to sign for Liverpool but I fully expect him to go to Man City, Chelsea or Newcastle.

 

I dunno, Henderson's instagram is full of love for Bellingham and lots of handshaking emoji.  They may just be playing us of course :P 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 07/12/2022 at 19:56, bradigor said:

I've said this before but Hannah Silcock is a future star. She is so composed for such a young girl 

She is (when did you see her play?) proud dad moment - My daughter has played with Hannah for the last 9 seasons until she went to the first team this season (she still plays down in u21s for minutes ). Her mum and dad are lovey people as well. I remember when she was dropped from the academy when she was about 11 by Vicky Jepson, spent a year at grass roots before getting back in at trails.  My daughter plays either centre back or right back so had Hannah and Lucy Parry (her best mate - Pazza) as completion so not been easy but she held her own. This is her (my daughters) last season before hopefully getting a scholarship to study in the states. 
Oh and your daughters fave Bo is, as you already know, a really lovely person. Remember her seeing my daughter in town at Liverpool one and coming saying hi and making a fuss even though Bo was 16 and several years ahead but was a hero to the young ones - most wouldn’t do it. Shows her class.

 

Keep an eye out for Zara Shaw. Only 16 but an immense talent, she will make it Im sure.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, paulie12 said:

She is (when did you see her play?) proud dad moment - My daughter has played with Hannah for the last 9 seasons until she went to the first team this season (she still plays down in u21s for minutes ). Her mum and dad are lovey people as well. I remember when she was dropped from the academy when she was about 11 by Vicky Jepson, spent a year at grass roots before getting back in at trails.  My daughter plays either centre back or right back so had Hannah and Lucy Parry (her best mate - Pazza) as completion so not been easy but she held her own. This is her (my daughters) last season before hopefully getting a scholarship to study in the states. 
Oh and your daughters fave Bo is, as you already know, a really lovely person. Remember her seeing my daughter in town at Liverpool one and coming saying hi and making a fuss even though Bo was 16 and several years ahead but was a hero to the young ones - most wouldn’t do it. Shows her class.

 

Keep an eye out for Zara Shaw. Only 16 but an immense talent, she will make it Im sure.

 

 

Mate that's amazing. We've seen Hannah a couple of times at games. Last game of last season and Leicester away in the Conti Cup this. But seen her also a few times on LFCTV too. She looked like a veteran against City the other night. 

 

Yeah Bo is the best, as are her parents. So mature for a young kid. 

 

Will definitely keep and eye out for Zara. Matt seems to trust youngsters so hopefully he'll give her a go at some point. I think we see Lucy Parry against West Ham in pre-season too. 

 

We are still hoping we can move to Liverpool again so Edith can start her journey and maybe join the academy. She wants to be the next Rachel Laws or Rylee Foster in goal 

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, bradigor said:

 

Mate that's amazing. We've seen Hannah a couple of times at games. Last game of last season and Leicester away in the Conti Cup this. But seen her also a few times on LFCTV too. She looked like a veteran against City the other night. 

 

Yeah Bo is the best, as are her parents. So mature for a young kid. 

 

Will definitely keep and eye out for Zara. Matt seems to trust youngsters so hopefully he'll give her a go at some point. I think we see Lucy Parry against West Ham in pre-season too. 

 

We are still hoping we can move to Liverpool again so Edith can start her journey and maybe join the academy. She wants to be the next Rachel Laws or Rylee Foster in goal 

 

 

 

Well good luck to Edith, hope she gets her dream, or if not just enjoys playing football as much as she can. 
We knew probably 3 or 4 seasons ago she wasnt gonna make it to a WSL side, so the US has been the aim. Will be an amazing experience, the football is top quality and best of all she gets 4 years education and accommodation for pretty much free. Bargain - but cost me thousands in fuel and boring evenings at training to get there.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, paulie12 said:

Well good luck to Edith, hope she gets her dream, or if not just enjoys playing football as much as she can. 
We knew probably 3 or 4 seasons ago she wasnt gonna make it to a WSL side, so the US has been the aim. Will be an amazing experience, the football is top quality and best of all she gets 4 years education and accommodation for pretty much free. Bargain - but cost me thousands in fuel and boring evenings at training to get there.

 

Haha already know that feeling. Edith has 

 

Wildcats in a Saturday morning.

Year 1 on a Sunday morning 

Goalkeeper training Tuesday night 

 

And wants to do another session on a Friday, but we've told her to wait on that, as we don't want her burning out. 

 

Please keep me updated on your daughter's experiences, will be great to relay them to Edith :)

 

Being in the US will be one hell of an opportunity.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.