Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

3 minutes ago, Pockets said:

I'm sure Coutinho is delighted he got made to spend six months under cold grey skies futilely scoring occasional stunners only to have them wiped out either in the same game or the next.

Indeed, I wouldn't be too surprised to lose Can and Coutihno and for Mane to be tempted away with performances like this.

We play like could score as if we had an attack that could score at will and make up for not defending.  We kind of did that the year when SAS was on fire, but our attack is also pretty easy to figure out.  I'm not optimistic against Huddersfield next week, would be happy just to stay in top half of the table.

To do what? He'll be given exactly what the previous two managers were given. A mandate to 'coach' his way out or buy from the same list that Edwards swears blind that they're the best players the world has seen?

There's no point in changing the manager, you could have a dream team of Sacchi, Cruyff and Michels in charge and Lovren's still shitting it up under no pressure.

The board is absolutely rotten and we won't do shite with them owning and running the club.

49 minutes ago, Pockets said:

Gomez, stick TAA in the fb position instead. 

That's a joke answer, right? Gomez is in no way ready to be thrust into that position, he's getting a run of games but is developing, he's nowhere near having that responsibility on him. In a better rounded squad neither he nor TAA should be a potentially first choice players.

Which basically leaves us with Klaven or play somebody out of position, putting them in an area we are already mentally fragile in. It's not a great situation to be in and it's largely of the club's own making.

I was at the match today. Wembley is something else. Watching Liverpool on tv makes them look a bit shambolic at times. Watching them live is worse. It’s the strange lack of ability to cope with the basics. As bad as Lovren is, Matip isn’t good either.

1 hour ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Just get rid of Mignolet and Lovren now. Surely anyone is an improvement.

They're actively aiding the opposition in most of our games. Starting with 9 men would be an improvement.

I'm not impressed with Klopp's tactics. And I haven't been for a while. They're the same every week. Great when they work, but otherwise predictable. 4-3-3, same players, yeah.

On the bench we have Sturbridge, Solanke, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Robinson, Grujic, Ings and will soon have Lallana. Why not be starting with any of them? They might not be better but could spice things up. Different formations as well.

I'd kill if we rotated like we did under Rafa. And made far more tactical substitutions before 75 minutes.

Our football is simply far too slow to get through any defensive setup. I'm not sure I've even seen us pull off a successful 1-2 pass in the oppo half. I would even put Firmino or the Ox on in the middle in the hope we might do something a little bit quicker whenever there is any potential to break. 

8 minutes ago, reef said:

Our football is simply far too slow to get through any defensive setup. I'm not sure I've even seen us pull off a successful 1-2 pass in the oppo half. I would even put Firmino or the Ox on in the middle in the hope we might do something a little bit quicker whenever there is any potential to break. 

Sturridge strikes again. I'm listening to it on the radio so I can't comment too much.