Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

47 minutes ago, Adrock said:

I like Iain Dowie but he does talk shit. Sturridge has been nothing but shit tonight, the entire team were playing at about 1/3 speed. The only bright spark before the changes was Keita.

I didn't think Studge was completely awful. He played some really decent inventive balls. Shades of his old form but still some distance away.

2 hours ago, dogsout said:

Alisson had both hands on it and it was kicked out of them. "Nothing wrong with that" says the commentator. Same old shit indeed.

Didn't have a problem with that, looking at the replay on motd. Alisson has both hands on the top of the ball, pushing it into the ground, but not clearly "holding" it so it's fair game. However I did have a problem with the fact there was a Burnley player in an offside position stood right in front of Alisson who swiped and missed the ball, causing him to change footing, which led to the goal. 

Not that it matters now. 

From Law 12:

[a] goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper... 

9 hours ago, dogsout said:

From Law 12:

[a] goalkeeper is considered to be in control of the ball when:

the ball is between the hands or between the hand and any surface (e.g. ground, own body) or by touching it with any part of the hands or arms except if the ball rebounds accidentally from the goalkeeper... 

Where's that from?

That second bit especially seems like a very strange interpretation and I doubt has ever been enforced in any situation in open play in any match ever, unless it's only referring to when the keeper is still holding it in one hand, after having collected it.

49 minutes ago, christaylor said:

Where's that from?

That second bit especially seems like a very strange interpretation and I doubt has ever been enforced in any situation in open play in any match ever, unless it's only referring to when the keeper is still holding it in one hand, after having collected it.

I guess that part came into play with Lacazette's 'goal' against United last night, De Gea only had one hand on the ball when he headed it out of his hands.

image.png.edc0803f18c6d44a05d06e638c903a71.png

Burnley's goal shouldn't have stood either way.

1 minute ago, Timbuktu said:

I guess that part would be what came into play with Lacazette's goal against United, De Gea only had one hand on the ball and Marriner disallowed it.  

image.png.edc0803f18c6d44a05d06e638c903a71.png

Yeah that's what I was thinking about actually.

I know years ago you could have gotten away with that but the rules were updated to prevent that particular situation. It's just the way it's written in what Dogsout quoted makes it seem like any contact with the ball means it's under the keeper's control, which seems weird.

Great win.

Sean Dyche can get tae fook - what a gumbly old dinosaur. You'd have hoped we might produce better managers, but no. Same old GET IT UP EMM.