rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

Alisson is so fucking good. Just so solid and calm. He’s great at catching a ball and making it stick, it’s obviously something he’s worked on, as he seems to be getting better at it.

9 hours ago, bradigor said:

We’ve all had fun recently. Mourinho is going to bring us back down to earth with a bump. It seems to be his speciality these days. Especially with it all looking like going against them recently.

Spurs are winning this one 3-0 

Unless you are doing this on purpose I don’t think I have ever seen you post something positive about an upcoming game for Liverpool.

4 hours ago, dizogg said:

Alisson is so fucking good. Just so solid and calm. He’s great at catching a ball and making it stick, it’s obviously something he’s worked on, as he seems to be getting better at it.

Having never had the honour of watching Clemence play for Liverpool. I have to say the Alisson is the best I have ever seen. Reina was fantastic, as was Brucie, but Alisson is on a whole other level. 

Same goes for most of this team. There are only a handful of players that would get into it from the last 30 odd years. It is seriously special. 

• Upvote 2

For a long time Liverpool have been making good keepers into crap ones a few years later.  James, Westerweld, Dudek, Reina, Mignolet all suffered a huge loss of confidence and form from which they found it hard to come back.

Been bored to tears three or four times at work today by Spurs fans. "We deserved a draw, if we'd taken our chances we would have got one".

If Liverpool had taken their chances they'd have been well away before half time, the half where they had something stupid like 80% of possession.

Yes, Tottenham managed to rally in the final 20 minutes but a football match is 90 minutes.

Meh, we played the game that needed to be played against a Mourinho team. It was clear they'd have to come at us at some point and we changed the way we played to match that. They had one chance that was really well worked, but messed up. Everything else came from individual mistakes, rather than them playing well. 

We weren't great, but we did enough to win. Which is how we are different these days, we don't need to play out of our skin to win. 

Bar the flurry towards the end felt Liverpool controlled the game completely, and had two or three gears to go up if needed.

Undoubtedly Spurs should have equalised at the end but If they had it would have flattered them. Then again, the way Liverpool have played this season, would also have backed them to go and get a winner.

Will be a tougher game next season when they’re actually a Mourinho team with more of his own players in the squad.

Going to Anfield for the first time on Sunday to watch the United match. It's fair to say I'm quite excited. :)

• Upvote 7

Shrewsbury in the 4th round of the FA Cup :)

9 hours ago, dug said:

Going to Anfield for the first time on Sunday to watch the United match. It's fair to say I'm quite excited. :)

Enjoy! Get in early, usually is one of the better home atmospheres that isn’t a European night.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, dug said:

My first ever game was against United in the Kop 202. Lost 2-1 (Forlan game). Still came our grinning like a mad man. 

Also, looking forward to seeing how we do at Gay Meadow. Assuming we'll play some kids and a couple of experienced players again. 

The last United I did was when Ngog (!) scored late on and Reina ran the length of the pitch to celebrate with him first. Quite the turn of pace from a ‘keeper. Also the infamous Owen game where he got pelted with abuse. I’d feel bad for him but then he did make that helicopter video.

Worst feeling being there was O’Shea’s late winner a few years earlier. Back of the Kop and felt the whole crowd, bar the wild, unwashed, whiny Manc limbs in one corner of the Anny Road, deflate.

It’s the best of games, it’s the worst of games.

58 minutes ago, bradigor said:

My first ever game was against United in the Kop 202. Lost 2-1 (Forlan game). Still came our grinning like a mad man. 

Also, looking forward to seeing how we do at Gay Meadow. Assuming we'll play some kids and a couple of experienced players again. 

Shrewsbury Town play at the New Meadow now, they left Gay Meadow over a decade ago. When they demolished Gay Meadow they replaced it with luxury flats which was a bold move considering how often the old ground flooded.

3 minutes ago, ryodi said:

Shrewsbury Town play at the New Meadow now, they left Gay Meadow over a decade ago. When they demolished Gay Meadow they replaced it with luxury flats which was a bold move considering how often the old ground flooded.

Fair enough. Learn something new every day. 

Looking ahead the Cup of Nations 2021 is in January which means Salah, Mane and Keita will be missing that month. 

Naby is missing most months anyway* ;)

*It was a joke, so as mot to upset those who think I am anti-positive. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ryodi said:

Looking ahead the Cup of Nations 2021 is in January which means Salah, Mane and Keita will be missing that month. 

Will be a chance for Mbappe to step up.

• Upvote 1

I can't believe Liverpool have the opportunity, after their 2 games in hand, to be 19 points clear of City. I know the West Ham game isn't played for a couple of weeks but just imagine after 24 or 25 games in a 38 game season Liverpool could conceivably be 19 points above what will probably be second place.

They just need to make sure they beat United tomorrow, certainly not guaranteed.

Today is going to be horrible. Had a shitty weekend already, so will be compounded by United winning this 2-1 with two spawny goals. Sorry. 

• Upvote 1

Happy with the starting line up but even happier with Fabinho and Matip returning to the match day squad.

Last week, against Tottenham, the Lallana sub was pretty much the only option in midfield and it didn't really do what was required. This week the changes, when they're needed, should be much better.

Never confident against United but this is the best I've felt before a United match ever, I think.

15 minutes of showing far too much respect, followed by the kind of goal that League 2 teams shouldn't be conceding. I'd take 75 minutes of boredom right now!