rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

It's really frustrating to watch Traore play like that when I was convinced years ago that he'd turn out like this. He's a force of nature now. 

Massive win. I really didn't feel like we'd do it once they pulled one back because we were a bit of a mess tonight, on the hole. Wolves were brilliant; glad they're out of the way.

• Upvote 1

Funny to think Wolves games have caused a 12 point swing in the title race. 

• Upvote 2

Traore is going to cause teams problems as he is now, let alone if his improvements continue. His speed, strength and desire contribute to make him a frightening prospect.

Quite a few times last night he made simple footballing mistakes that, if, ironed out of his game will see him up there with the best players in the world.

Even with those mistakes he ruined Robertson last night, widely regarded as the best left back in the Premier League right now.

• Upvote 1

Should Liverpool get him? The way Klopp improves players he would be incredible.

I didn't see the game

blimey. His pace with power is pretty unique, but there's the footwork in tight spaces, strength on the ball, overall so much confidence. I thought he was 25/26 and English, not 23, Spanish, and started at Barcelona. At what age did Bale go into God mode?

• Upvote 1

He reminded me of the original Ronaldo when he was at Inter. Ridiculously fast, players bounced off him because of how strong he is with fantastic close control. If Robertson hadn’t fouled him he probably would have scored from that attack. He should be fun to watch in the Europa League this season as well.

Never a penalty, and that on the back of a clear handball not given in the 1st half. I won't mind if we don't win, but it's just so annoying when such clear errors go unchecked.

Both Matip and Lovren have looked good at points throughout the season, Matip especially. They're just back from injury and they've never been a good partnership.

Honestly no need to risk Salah or Firmino. A replay (or defeat) would be inconvenient but it’s not like Klopp wouldn’t pick a second string again anyway.

Good cup tie all the same, imagine those Shrewsbury players must feel 10 feet tall right now.

Fair play to Shrewsbury but fuck me that was a hard watch. 

Be happy to see Lovren go this Jan tbh, he's awful.

Well done The Shrews, get a bumper day out at Anfield, which should be a massive financial boost, and something all their players (and fans) can revel in.

No real surprise Liverpool looked so disjointed. Pleased Jones scored, one of the few highlights from our side of things.

• Upvote 1

On the positive side the extra game gives Lovren and Matip more time to get their sharpness back and a result like this was always going to happen eventually. 

1 minute ago, ryodi said:

On the positive side the extra game gives Lovren and Matip more time to get their sharpness back and a result like this was always going to happen eventually. 

Matip yes, Lovren can do one.

I’d managed to forget how it feels watching Lovren defend. Dived in and made himself far too easy to beat for their second. I wouldn’t miss him if we moved him on.

10 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Treble off :(

Actually I do think it’ll be an easy home win. Without wanting to sound like a knob head I’m also happy for the Shrews to get another pay day. 

It was the senior players who let the side down today and it will give Kelleher a chance to rebuild his confidence after conceding 10 in his last two first team games. It should be a good game and I wouldn't begrudge Shrewsbury going through.

12 hours ago, Stigweard said:

utterly disrespecting the cup.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Empathy 1

22 minutes ago, footle said:

The FA are disrespecting the winter break that the PL have asked teams to adhere to.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, footle said:

2 hours ago, sprite said:

The FA are disrespecting the winter break that the PL have asked teams to adhere to.

Owned m8

• Downvote 1

11 hours ago, sprite said:

The PL don’t run football in this country. They just want to.

• Upvote 1