Liverpool Football Club Thread

Southampton were very tricky to play against today and kept Liverpool occupied with Ings and Long as a front pairing, Ings deserves a special mention as he was excellent throughout.

That prevented Robertson and Alexander Arnold from being as gung ho getting forward as they normally are. Southampton was one of the most difficult home performances so far.

It’s weird... 4-0 is harsh on Southampton but doesn’t really flatter Liverpool. That extra couple of gears they found in the second half was breathtaking.

Good luck to Saints, they are a decent outfit.

From earlier in the week (promoting the new training kit), but worth a look for the game towards the end. The speed at which top-flight players operate is ludicrous. They’d score 20+ down the local 5-a-side.

And now you're gonna believe us!

Spoiler

We've got a decent chance of winning the league. But anything can still happen and I won't count my chickens until they have hatched. ;)

Not sure it scans. 

On 29/01/2020 at 21:55, Adrock said:

It's a bit of an ask but Liverpool need to beat Southampton, Norwich, West Ham, Watford and Bournemouth whilst City need to drop 6 points from Tottenham, West Ham, Leicester, Arsenal and Man U to be in with a realistic chance of securing the title away to Everton.

That's achievable given how the season has panned out so far on Liverpool's part. Would be pretty good fun too.

Liverpool navigated the most difficult fixture of the 5 and City obliged by dropping 3 points in their first of the 5 fixtures highlighted.

Everton away is still on.

It’s great right now but never forget Blackpool at Home, Stoke 6-1, Sevilla final second half , Mario Balotelli, Roy Hodgson, That Chelsea game, Man Utd Champions, Paul Konchesky, Palace 3-3, Loris Karius, Aston Villa semi final, Milan Jovanovic and it’s even more great!

It’s looking increasingly ‘on’ but I’ve got no idea what to do when winning a league. Last time we did I was 10. 

I will open up my ~1988 Hamlyn Encyclopaedia of Soccer and add to list of league wins, as I did in 1990, but then what? Go out drinking? Doesn’t really seem enough or right somehow. 

Dunno what I’ll do. What about you?

Got a ticket for Palace so hope that’s the day, and if so I’ll wake up naked in a garden somewhere in Birkenhead if I wake up at all*

*I’ll probably have a big happy cry and walk back to my hotel for a Coke and a Mars bar.

7 minutes ago, Pockets said:

It’s looking increasingly ‘on’ but I’ve got no idea what to do when winning a league. Last time we did I was 10. 

I will open up my ~1988 Hamlyn Encyclopaedia of Soccer and add to list of league wins, as I did in 1990, but then what? Go out drinking? Doesn’t really seem enough or right somehow. 

Dunno what I’ll do. What about you?

I'll be begging the football gods for a draw somewhere further down the line. 

In my life time I really don't remember the last time we won the league. Over the years I've always dreamed of us winning it, but can't actually  believe it's going to happen!!  I've waited until yesterdays result to really let myself fully believe it is now our year. Potentially as well this will be a record breaking win as well!

Now, I might stop myself dreaming of the double, and back to back Champs leagues!

• glb changed the title to Liverpool Football Club Thread