rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

Athletico Madrid must be licking their lips at facing us in this form. 

Thank fuck. 3 to go lads :D

(We HAVE to play better on Wednesday night though)

Today was all about getting momentum back and stopping the rot. We can build on that now. 

All is good. I don't care about anything but the points. 3 wins to go. That's all that matters. 

Good result to wake up to (still in California) but doesn't sound like a great performance. Champions League game is going to be tough. 

12 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Good result to wake up to (still in California) but doesn't sound like a great performance. Champions League game is going to be tough. 

You on a boat?

Really strange performance that. Was understandably tetchy inside Anfield after Bournemouth scored, but while the crowd responded to the goal, the players looked really rattled (misplaced passes, trying to over-compensate by doing too much). Was thinking the team had no rhythm seconds before the mistake that led to the equaliser, which settled the team.

Two lovely finishes though, and probably did enough overall but not without some gaping, alarming holes at the back. Fabinho looked out of position several times, not sure if Oxlade-Chamberlain's attack approach unbalances the midfield and whether Keita might provide a better shape once he's fit. But wins are all that matter at this stage, just get over the line in the league now. Wouldn't be surprised if the side do so with a couple more defeats, but maybe intense games at Everton and Man City are what the team needs to get their heads right.

As for Wednesday, unless Atletico have a shocker, they've got to fancy themselves to score at least one. Hopefully our front three will have their shooting boots on, but they can't afford to be even remotely wasteful.

Missing Henderson was one thing, but missing both him AND Milner on and off the pitch was brutal and we have suffered for it. Onward and upward, lads, YNWA.

On 07/03/2020 at 14:25, bradigor said:

3 points will do. 

3 wins to go. 

2 wins to go!!!!

• Upvote 1

Don't think I've ever celebrated a United goal as much.

I don't think City are getting to the 82 points we have now, let alone the 87 max that can get. 

Just now, Mike said:

That means we can win it at Palace right?

Have to beat Everton, but yeah, Palace ‘could’ be... eventful.

1 minute ago, bradigor said:

I don't think City are getting to the 82 points we have now, let alone the 87 max that can get. 

Not on this form, no, nowhere near. Quite remarkable that they've lost 7 games already, 3/4 of the way through the season, when they lost 4 in total last time out.

We could have it won BEFORE we play our next game still. 

It won't happen, but what a position to be in. 

They just pointed out in the coverage that I'm watching that City are playing twice (Arsenal and Burnley) before we next do. In theory, they could lose both and we win it before Everton.

(Snap!)

City to win their next two, Liverpool to beat Everton and I'm at the home game against Palace.

Please make it happen football Gods.

Hey Pep, how many times do Liverpool need to win, to win the title?

Spoiler

giphy.gif.38a20019193a61aabe05fed13484af70.gif

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

City to win their next two, Liverpool to beat Everton and I'm at the home game against Palace.

Please make it happen football Gods.

Same! Pint in The Sandon?! ;)

Thinking of coming up for the derby next week. Obviously no hope of a ticket but just being around the city...

24 minutes ago, glb said:

Same! Pint in The Sandon?! ;)

Thinking of coming up for the derby next week. Obviously no hope of a ticket but just being around the city...

I'm honestly thinking of seeing if I can kip at a mates house and stay down for the night, otherwise I'll have to go home with my dad and brother. 

Just now, Stigweard said:

I'm honestly thinking of seeing if I can skip at a mates house and stay down for the night, otherwise I'll have to go home with my dad and brother. 

I’m staying overnight, just in case.

Really hope it’s ‘the day’... would be an incredible experience.

:lol: 

I really want to head up there, but can neither afford it, nor do I think my partner could get time off work. 

• Upvote 2

I think we all conceded that you're gonna win the title a long time ago so it's not so raw right now :lol:

I hope City drop points again against Arsenal and Burnley even.  It’s not that I want Liverpool to win the league at Goodison, I’m more worried that the league will have to play behind closed doors some point soon.  I want them to win it ASAP and before that happens.

• Upvote 1

As the resident thread downer, just a reminder that before people go crazy buying tickets for massively inflated prices to be at what could be the game we win our first title for 30 years at - it’s possible they’re going to shut it all down and make the games be played behind closed doors. Maybe wait and see how that pans out first. 

Exclusive footage of @Pockets outside Anfield on the day we lift the trophy.

Spoiler

;) 

I like to live vicariously through the achievements of significantly younger millionaires as much as the next man, but I’d be wary about spending a fuckload on a ticket when that game might get locked down and the best you can get is a RRP refund.