rllmuk
glb

Liverpool Football Club Thread

19 minutes ago, Hamus said:

Blame the keeper all you want, chances are have missed at the other end.

I take this back, what a shit performance.

5 minutes ago, ryodi said:

The mistake killed us but we also missed enough chances to win the game. It'll just be the league this year. 

Unless that's cancelled, which will probably happen now. 

Let's just get this league done and dusted. Let everyone else have their fun that we will ONLY win the league. 

To be fair, the league is the thing you probably want the most. 

2 minutes ago, tbb said:

To be fair, the league is the thing you probably want the most. 

It is. Hopefully it can be wrapped up sooner rather than later.

No real complaints tonight. Created enough to win the tie twice over but can’t waste that many chances and expect to go through. No need to throw Adrian under the bus either; he shouldn’t have even needed to be playing extra time.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Hamus said:

At least Liverpool haven't lost their record of not being beaten at .... Oh.

Another piss poor piece of goalkeeping. 

He is so sold.

Who are you? You're pretty annoying.

• Upvote 3

Gutted we had enough chances to finish the game in 90 & then when we went up we made silly mistakes to throw it away.

Lets get this league done now & win our next two games.

The mid-season break has not helped us at all - lost 4 games since and played pretty poorly other than tonight. Tonight was frustrating - and I'm almost as upset that the long unbeaten record at Anfield has gone as I am about the result - but hopefully it'll really focus them for Everton and we can get it all sorted before the trip to Man City.

Tonight was the first time in a while though that I've looked at the bench and thought there's not much proven quality there to change a game. Can see some recruitment in the summer if we want to compete on multiple fronts. Speaking of which, next season I'd really like us to perform better in the FA Cup in particular - it's been years since we did anything in that.

Adrian has had a funny season, hasn't he? From the joy and triumph at the start, to the misery of his last few games (howlers v Chelsea and tonight, and he looked very dodgy against Bournemouth too). It's fine to say that we should've killed it off in normal time, but that doesn't change the fact we didn't and he wasn't able to do the simple things right. As was mentioned in the commentary and on the BBC report, it was a tale of two goalkeepers tonight, for sure. And ours just wasn't up to the task and it may damage his confidence a la Karius.

I hope Allison is back for Monday!

38 minutes ago, Gabe said:

I hope Allison is back for Monday!

He isn't

2 hours ago, bradigor said:

Let's just get this league done and dusted. Let everyone else have their fun that we will ONLY win the league. 

Blocks your path.

Spoiler

image.png.7fc2cd6a546ffd02579449ff9a1e7e41.png

Gutting, always the worst when you lose this way. No post winter break blues here, the team played a blinder, let down by Oblak in god tier mode, poor finishing and finally Adrian making a howler. Would have won if Allison was playing. Definitely not a Simone master class as the football thread is making out, defend deep, cross fingers and hope was the tactic and to be fair that won it for them. Luck was on their side. 

Don’t let this result take the shine off an amazing season and team. 

• Upvote 5

"Klopp got schooled". :lol:

I presume Atletico's plan was to defend their lead (failed) and catch Liverpool on the break (barely a sniff until Adrian gifted them a goal). Simeone is a genius. Klopp should have told our forwards to take their chances and also told Adrian not to pass to the team in black. Maybe he thought it went without saying, the absolute muppet.

• Upvote 1

#KloppOut

Spoiler

To make him the leader of the world. 

I assue we've all seen this. 

Go through the entire thread. 

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, bradigor said:

This is the perfect song too I reckon. 

How is it the perfect song? People SHOULD be walking alone, if they aren’t then they aren’t self isolating as recommended. Irresponsible imo and putting vulnerable lives in danger.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, bradigor said:

Not sure if I am going to bite or not :lol: 

Personally I think you should.

• Upvote 1

Someone check James Milner is ok please! :lol: 

• Upvote 3