IGNORED

Liverpool Football Club Thread

glb

7 minutes ago, CheekyLee said:

Player holds his head on the floor, despite no contact. Referee was correct in not blowing. I'm sick of players hitting the deck for 0 reason against us, maybe they'll stop doing it now?

It's disgraceful isn't it.  Something brought in to stop serious head injuries being exploited because players can't be fucked to defend properly.

It has amused me that Howe is moaning about Hayden being down and that he was apparently dazed for 4 or 5 minutes - yet he didn't care to take him off with what could've been a concussion, did he? Did the physio do a concussion test or was he okay again once the goal had been given?

Both players actually began to lift themselves up after they fell to the ground and once they saw Liverpool had possession collapsed back onto the turf again 😂 Not sure what MOTD pundits are on about there, right decision, if refs have to stop an attack every time a player unconvincingly holds his head while on the ground then defending teams will abuse that to no end. 

That's the sad thing. Such a serious thing shouldn't be manipulated to cheat. There's diving, there's getting someone booked but pretending you have a head injury is pretty fucking low.  I can't believe I'm going to say this but fair play to Mike Dean for not falling for it. After the event he even looked like he was having a word about it to the physio and player.

Why are you all assuming he was faking it?  After reading this thread last night I watched the incident a few times on the YouTube video. It's not easy to see at first, but Hayden was definitely caught in the head by the Newcastle number 6's elbow as he was on his way down.  It's impossible to see how strong the contact is as it's obscured on every camera angle. You can see the player's elbow out above Hayden's head, the player coming down to the ground, Hayden's head move, and him collapse holding that part of his head.

Also, he doesn't start to get up, look at the play, and decide to stay down as @Oh Danny Boy says. I have no idea why you are claiming that. It simply does not happen. He grabs his head and stays down. He doesn't look at the play once.  

I have no idea how badly he was actually hurt.  I don't know whether a concussion check was carried out, and if he was as dazed as Eddie Howe is claiming then he should have come off. But you guys have no idea whether he was injured or not either, you've just all made your minds up purely on the basis of the fact that you scored a goal and you don't want it to be disallowed. Now you're all trying to outdo each other at how outraged you are about this incident and the cheating that you've decided it is. 

37 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Why are you all assuming he was faking it?  After reading this thread last night I watched the incident a few times on the YouTube video. It's not easy to see at first, but Hayden was definitely caught in the head by the Newcastle number 6's elbow as he was on his way down.  It's impossible to see how strong the contact is as it's obscured on every camera angle. You can see the player's elbow out above Hayden's head, the player coming down to the ground, Hayden's head move, and him collapse holding that part of his head.

Also, he doesn't start to get up, look at the play, and decide to stay down as @Oh Danny Boy says. I have no idea why you are claiming that. It simply does not happen. He grabs his head and stays down. He doesn't look at the play once.  

I have no idea how badly he was actually hurt.  I don't know whether a concussion check was carried out, and if he was as dazed as Eddie Howe is claiming then he should have come off. But you guys have no idea whether he was injured or not either, you've just all made your minds up purely on the basis of the fact that you scored a goal and you don't want it to be disallowed. Now you're all trying to outdo each other at how outraged you are about this incident and the cheating that you've decided it is. 

Have you got a link to that video as the ones I've seen he gets sandwiched at most.  Happy to be proved wrong though.

Only thing I would say though is if he was dazed and confused for several minutes after (as been claimed), how/why was he on the pitch?

41 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

Now you're all trying to outdo each other at how outraged you are about this incident and the cheating that you've decided it is. 

This is a bit bizarre though mate.  No one is trying to out do each other, I'm genuinely annoyed that something as serious as head injuries can be used to buy a free kick.  And yes, I believe (until I see your video) that a player went down and pretended to be hurt so the game was stopped.  Let's be honest, it wouldn't be the first time or last and everything that happened following the incident (the checks that were done, the fact he played on etc) suggest to me that he wasn't injured.

The problem as usual is people think this is a tribal/club thing, it's not.